Saturday, May 13, 2006

First Day At Work

I started my new job last night. I'm still on the fence about it. The people I work with seem to be pretty cool. I'm working in a restaurant atmosphere so it's really good to work with people that consider themselves "part of a team" and they actually help each other. My last restaurant was like that and it definitely makes life a lot easier.

I guess the part that I'm unsure about is the fact that it's an 8 hour shift. Before when I worked in a restaurant, the place was open from 5p.m. til 10 p.m. I was in and out pretty quickly. This place is open 24 hours, so it's a LONG time standing on my feet. I was hurting pretty badly at the end of last night. The other thing is the money. Call me greedy, but if I'm working 8 hours, I want to make more money that if I'm working 5 hours. I'm just not sure if that's gonna be the case at this place.

Anyway, I gotta say I do rather enjoy the 3:00 a.m. rush that comes through when Cherry Nightclub closes. They are drunk and loud and stumbling and I saw at least 3 people with heads down on the tables, dead asleep. I might grow to hate that but for now it's funny.

I haven't played poker for two days and that's a good thing. I needed a little break. I woke up at 6 p.m. tonight and I will soon be getting ready to head to work for the night. I am REALLY looking forward to hitting the tables on my days off.

I hope everyone in the blogger world is playing well and winning big. I haven't even had a chance to read any blogs. As I'm sitting here typing this, MiamiDon hit quads. I must be his good luck charm cause he was losing until I came in here.

1 Comments:

Blogger cc said...

GL with your new job. Hope everything goes well.

May 15, 2006

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home