Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Today

Today has been an extremely frustrating day. I came home from work this morning and prepared to go to sleep. Unfortunately, SOMEONE (whose name I won't mention) insisted that we leave the windows and doors open to "air the house out". We had a cool front come through, but it was still 80 or more degrees outside and I feel like 80 degrees is air conditioning weather. At any rate, I laid down to go to sleep, and since the sliding glass door in out bedroom is open, the sun was shining in. I closed the vertical blinds so that it would be dark, but whenever the wind would blow, the blinds would make a bunch of noise and that was ANNOYING!! I must have woken up about once an hour (at least). THEN, one of our neighbors was having an argument and he was screaming at the top of his lungs - he was fucking this and bitching that and going to hell and mother fuck you and you ruined my life etc. I'm still unsure about who he was arguing with. I never heard another voice, so he was either on the phone, or having an argument with himself. Any other time that would have entertained the hell out of me. Shit, I would have walked outside into the backyard so that I could hear even better. But, today, when I was trying to sleep it was not cool. Do I live in a white trash neighborhood???? That's the first time I ever heard anything like that, but then again we usually have the air conditioning on.

Of course since the windows and doors were open, Lucy (our dog) was on extra high alert. She barked at the kids going to school, the trashman, the mailman, the neighbors walking their dog, the wind blowing and of course the bible thumping religious fucks that scour the neighborhood going from door to door. This occurs at least twice a week. The heat was very uncomfortable too. I was tossing and turning all over the place trying to get comfortable. So, basically I slept like shit today and I am NO good if I don't get a quality 8 hours of rest.

So, I finally gave up on sleeping and I had this feeling I should check my cell phone (even though nobody ever calls me). Lo and behold I had a message from the MGM Grand telling me that I have 48 hours to take a drug test. WOO HOO!!!!! Drug test is a good sign that they are going to hire me. They don't waste money testing people that they have no interest in hiring right?? So, I get the directions and head on down to the strip during rush hour traffic of course and as I pull in, I'm thinking to myself that Psychemedics is a strange name for a drug testing facility. I feel like I'm going to a head doctor or something. Hmmm, let me finish this water real quick so I can make sure I'm good and ready to pee in the cup. WHAT??? You guys take a hair sample? Ummmmmm, okay sure - no problem. Aren't hair samples the best way to find out if anyone has EVER used drugs???? Doesn't that stuff stay in your hair for like ever??????? I mean, I'm good now, but let's just say I haven't always been an angel. I don't really like the idea of someone being able measure my substance use history that far back. I guess I won't quit my graveyard job quite yet.

So, I drive back home and since I'm already out, I decided that my nails needed to be done. They were way overdue and I was sick of looking at them. So, I'm there for about an hour and the nails are looking great, got my eyebrows waxed too and I head home. I'm not in the house FIVE minutes before I break the damn pinky nail. SHIT! FUCK! DAMN! I hate having a broken nail. After cussing for a few more minutes and slamming a few doors, I drive all the way back to the nail place to have it fixed.

All this, and I haven't even gone to work yet. I hope this isn't an indication of what's coming tonight. I dealt with some really drunk obnoxious fucks last night. Can tonight be any worse????? I guess we'll find out. Thank god tonight is Friday for me and I have the next two days off.

So, to put all of this bullshit into perspective as I whine on and on about my "terrible life", I have to remember that there are so many other things going on in this world and my stuff is pretty trivial at best.

Here's some local Vegas news for you....

Father Charged in Slaying

Albany news...

Really fucked up

And this one is just too funny to leave out...

Morons

4 Comments:

Blogger Kipper said...

--"Do I live in a white trash neighborhood????"

I can help you answer that....

If your husband wears a 'wife beater' than your answer is yes!

May 24, 2006

 
Blogger drewspop said...

Good luck with the new job possibilities. Hope it works out for you.

The countdown is on...

May 24, 2006

 
Blogger Raveen said...

hahhaha the hallucinations ones is priceless.......

May 24, 2006

 
Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

I wouldn't sweat the hair thing. They aren't as know-all as people claim. And I agree the test isn't cheap, so I think it means you're golden. Good luck...

May 25, 2006

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home