Thursday, May 25, 2006

Too tired to think of a title!!

Did you ever have one of those nights when you just couldn't win a hand????? That's pretty much the story of my night. To start things off, I played in the mookie last night and I didn't fare very well. The hand that took me out was when my pocket aces got cracked by A 6 offsuit. Five freakin clubs came on the board and he had the ace of clubs. UGH!!!!!

Congratulations to jjok, waffles, and drewspop for taking down the top 3 spots. I did have fun chatting with everyone and cheering you guys on.

Next, I headed to the MGM with MiamiDon and I bought in for $200. I was playing pretty patiently (like I usually do) and after a few hours of folding and folding and folding, I am finally dealt pocket jacks. I don't know what happened to me, but I must have fell in love with that damn hand. I think my patience just wore out and I could NOT fold anymore. A queen came on the flop and I chose to ignore the fact that not only did my opponent possibly have a queen to beat me - he in fact had a set of queens that DEFINITELY beat me. Bye Bye $200.

I buy in again for another $200 and my run of 2nd best hands just keep coming. I'm dealt AK and I flop an Ace, someone else flops a straight. I'm dealt pocket JJ's again and an A and K come on the flop (I had the ability to throw it away this time). I'm dealt AK again and the flop comes 10-10-A and of course someone has the 10. It was never ending. The final straw was when I was dealt pocket aces, I raised $15 pre-flop and I get 4 callers. I ended up losing to 10-7 offsuit when he flopped two pair and yes again, I fell in love with the hand and went all in. WHY WAS HE PLAYING 7-10 offsuit????? I have no idea and I guess it doesn't matter. I should have cut my losses a long time ago, but I finally walked away at 5 in the morning after losing $500. I have never had a losing session like that. I'm still in shock about how bad my night was.

I was going to play again tomorrow (today actually - but I haven't gone to bed yet) - but I might just take the day off. I'm not working and I'm supposed to go car shopping, so hopefully I'll get a new car and that'll make me happy (for a few days anyway).

Funniest part of the night happened just about 30 minutes after I sat down. Two Georgia boys were playing at my table and they were very cool and fun to talk with. The guy to my right sounded JUST LIKE Larry the Cable Guy (Get er' done!!). Anyway, his wife comes strolling up to him from behind and out of the blue is like "were leaving - let's go". He's like "sit the fuck down and watch me, I'm not going anywhere". She's like, "no were fucking leaving now - get the fuck up". The girl sitting across the table from me gives me a knowing (god she's drunk) look and I nod back (yes, she's hammered). The drunk wife chic looks at both of us and says "do you have a fucking problem?? I'll fucking come across this table if I have to". I start cracking up, the drunk bitch starts cussing us out and the dealer makes the drunk wife chic leave the poker room. She goes behind the railing and starts mouthing off and giving us the finger (am I in middle school again)? Her husband still keeps playing cards and explains to us that she's very drunk. Gee? Ya think so???? God I love Vegas :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Tom aka 10,000 Days said...

Ha, welcome to the world of Vegas 1-2 NL where starting requirements mean nothing. Seems like you can tought it out through the swings, so that's good. All you can really do is try to move up the ladder and play higher stakes to take even more off of these suckers.

May 25, 2006

 
Blogger Rick said...

Sorry to be the start of your run of bad beats. I get days where I am almost afraid of pocket aces because all I remember is the times they get cracked. In my defence I was short stacked and was happy to push with an ace.

Rick (aka darval)

May 25, 2006

 
Blogger katitude said...

I could not believe that club flush to your aces....that was simply evil!

May 25, 2006

 
Blogger iamhoff said...

Fugly night. Ahh Variance. Still, at least you got some entertainment out of the whole thing.

Have fun car shopping. It seems to be the season...a bunch of broggers have snapped up new wheels recently (got my '06 Grand Cherokee a month ago...lovin' it!)

Sorry I missed the Mookie, but hope to see you at the DADI.

May 25, 2006

 
Blogger smokkee said...

7-10o?? gotta luv tourists. damn, i miss vegas.

May 25, 2006

 
Blogger DP said...

Yikes... sorry to hear about the bad streak of cards -- continue playing well and you'll be back on track in no time. Just don't let frustration alter your play.

It's easy to forget, especially during a bad run, but remember that playing poker should be an enjoyable experience.

May 25, 2006

 
Blogger mookie99 said...

So did you hear the Deliverance banjo music playing in the background during your "Get er' done" encounter ?

Congrats on the new car ! Hope you didn't have to spend half as much time we did at the dealership.

May 25, 2006

 
Blogger drewspop said...

Thanks for railing on Wednesday night. I am bummed I missed the swearing though. I had to turn off the chat. It crashed my machine. Maybe it was from the language ;)

May 26, 2006

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home