Sunday, May 21, 2006

Work, Interview, and WPBT

Last night (Saturday), I walked into work and it was packed!! I was happy for that. I would much rather be busy than to be bored. I'm telling you, I literally did not have a one minute to sit, rest, eat, drink, go to the bathroom or even breathe until about 6:00 a.m. (I get off at 7). It was a good night and I ate a huge breakfast in the Team Dining Room before I went home - yumm. I still can't get over all the free food we get to eat :)

I had a job interview on Friday at Diego at the MGM Grand. I've been WAITING for them to call forever. I think the interview went well, but who knows?? I didn't get much information from the 2 suits that were pounding me with quesions. They just said that they had 4 other candidates to meet with and that they have 2 positions to fill. My fingers are crossed. I would love to get back to a swing shift schedule instead of this graveyard crap that I'm working.

Anyway, I'm just getting ready to play in the WPBT #5 Events. I noticed a lot of heavyweights are signed up - should be a lot of fun. I love the fact that we are playing 2 tables at once. I tend to get VERY bored when I'm playing in just one game. I have a hard time concentrating and I lose focus and I read blogs, write e-mails and shop online. Tonight I am going to force myself to concentrate.

Update - I busted out of one tourney in 34th place when my AK ran into AA. I just busted out of the other tourney in 17th. Oh well. It wasn't my night. Now I can go sit on the couch and watch T.V. and rest up for work.

1 Comments:

Blogger mookie99 said...

Good luck with MGM gig. Looks like a nice place.

I didn't fare any better in the WPBT tourneys.

I guess there is always the WWdN and The Mookie...see you guys there.

May 22, 2006

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home