Sunday, February 25, 2007

Do's and Dont's from the Red Carpet

Of course you guys had to know that I'd be doing an Oscar Wrap-Up for your viewing pleasure - welcome to Monday morning...

Okay - let's dig right in with my list of Do's and Don'ts!

First off we have Jada Pinkett Smith - looking good. I think that a lot of times she looks harsh, but I'm really enjoying this look. She's so toned and I like the soft hair and at her age she is really working it... She's a DO!






What's going on with Kirsten Dunst here? There is WAY too much going on with this dress. I don't like the feathers on the bottom at all. I also don't like that she's wearing a sheer dress with a collar. Who wears a collar with a fancy dress to the Academy Awards? She's too pale for that color and the hair is so BORING. She's a definite DON'T!




Oh Jessica Biel. UGH! Why does it have to come to this? She looked so HOT at the Golden Globes - but not so much tonight. I do like the color, but not on this dress. I hate the hair - it's pouffy. And why the black belt?? I hate to have to do this to you - but your a big fat DON'T!!





Let me first say this - Gwyneth Paltrow looks good. I love the hair and I love the makeup. She looks better than I've seen her in a long time. I hate the dress though. I don't like the color and I hate the top. I don't like the sleeves or the cut (of the top). The bottom isn't so bad because it does show off her figure. I just wish she would have chosen another dress... DON'T!




Jennifer Hudson - um NOT! I am not a fan of this dress. Why wear a dress with pockets to the Oscars? It's too casual!! And, what's with the vest? Is there a disco at the end of the red carpet that I'm not privvy to? This look is not working - she's a DON'T!!




Hot ass Beyonce! She looks great. I love this dress. I know that a lot of people may disagree with me - but I think she looks stunning. I like her hair down. I love the color of this dress. It looks great against her skin, I like the embellishment on the strap and I love the slit. I think she's a definite DO!!




The next one is tough. When I first saw this dress on the red carpet I was thinking it was a definite Don't. But, after watching the show for another hour and seeing her shimmy back and forth for the photographers, I started to cave. What I like about this dress is the embroidery on the top. I love the top and I love how slim it makes her look. I'm still undecided about the bottom. I will say that if you are going to wear a dress like this, then the Oscars is the appropriate place to wear it. Penelope Cruz looks really pretty so I'll give it a DO!





You guys know I like a good ass - well, here's my vote for best ass at the Oscars. Go Cameron Diaz. Being single is working for this chic. I think she looks great. She has a nice tan (her and Drew just got back from Hawaii) - her hair color is very complimentary to her skin tone and the white dress is just perfect. She looks fantastic - definite DO!



Nicole Kidman and Naomi Watts....

Well, okay, here's the thing - no girl should EVER stand next to Nicole Kidman because they will never measure up. Look at the height on this girl and look at the body and the curves. She doesn't ever look bad. I don't think it's possible. I like it that she is wearing red, but I'm not crazy about that big bow thing next to her head. I didn't like it when Charlize Theron did it and I don't like it now. That being said - I do like the rest of the dress and I love the color - she's a DO!

I can't comment on much about Naomi Watts because I'm too busy looking at Nicole. ha ha Naomi played it safe. She looks okay, nothing special but nothing terrible. UPDATE - John was nice enough to let me know that Naomi Watts is pregnant (how did I miss that?) In that case - she looks FANTASTIC!!!!!! Thanks John!




Why does Marc Anthony have to ruin every picture that Jennifer is in? He is so NOT cute. I don't like her hair like this, but at least she keeps me on my toes. She's always changing things up and I like that. The dress is pretty. She's a DO!




And last but certainly not least - my pick for BEST dressed goes too...















REESE WITHERSPOON!


God this girl can do NO WRONG in my book. I love love love her. She is so pretty. Her hair looks fantastic. I love the color of this dress, I adore the waves at the bottom, I am amazed at how beautiful her curves look. She's the best - she's either very good at picking clothes that look great on her or she has the best stylist in the world. She's a DO DO DO!

16 Comments:

Blogger john said...

kidman's too thin for her height for me. naomi looks as gorgeous as any likely pregnant woman could.

February 25, 2007

 
Blogger Carrie M said...

word up, sista. i did the same thing on my blog, but we differ in opinion in some cases. :-)

February 25, 2007

 
Blogger Jay said...

I really wish Mark Anthony would get hit by a bus. I know, it wouldn't increase my chances with JLo, but it would just be nice to be rid of him.

Reese is the bomb! Do people still say that?

Oh and I hate Cameron Diaz ... HATE .. I'm using the world "HATE" here! LOL

February 25, 2007

 
Blogger WSOP Floor Supe said...

I'm not sure I have ever seen Reese look better. Wow, what a dress. Nicole needs some curves, she is too tall to be without them. I bet if she turned around her ass would be invisable. As an ass man myself, that is just not acceptable.

February 25, 2007

 
Blogger "The Rake" said...

Cameron Diaz - No ass.

Plain and simple

February 26, 2007

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I am not a big fan of the dress where the chick looks like she is being eaten by tribbles from Star Trek. Sorry. Too furry for me.

February 26, 2007

 
Blogger jusdealem said...

Mark Anthony looks like he just crawled out of a crypt. Very scary looking!

Not too fond of her dress, but Beyonce is absolutely beautiful, anyway.

Kirsten Dunst is ALWAYS a DON'T with me.

Love Reese's dress!!

February 26, 2007

 
Blogger 4dbirds said...

I like it when the ladies take a chance on their outfits. Lately the dresses have been boring. For that reason only, taking a chance, I give Kiki Dunst some extra credit points. Reese's dress was outstanding. Love the color detail at the hem.

February 26, 2007

 
Blogger Craig said...

btw, Cameron Diaz should never wear a dress where her feet are exposed. She did the Charleston the whole time she was presenting whatever she was presenting...

February 26, 2007

 
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Great writeup, Carmen. Here's my thoughts:

Beyonce is the biggest DO at the Oscars. I would Do her any day and about 19 times on Sunday. Nobody looked better than her last night. Meanwhile, Jennifer Hudson is just so unattractive, and with that dress that was about 5 sizes too small on the top and the bottom, I really don't know what she was thinking. If I had her body I would have definitely found another material to wear -- I could literally see the cellulite right through her dress on the back if you know what I mean. And could you fall out of your top a little more please? Sheesh.

I agree with you 100% on Reese, she looked awesome and did not seem to get the respek from E! that a lot of the others did. Not sure why, she basically always looks beautiful.

Nicole Kidman -- the bow looked ridiculous. Same thing with Gwyneth -- I agree with you totally, like Nicole Kidman these two chicks look great. But the tops of both of their dresses were really quite fideous when it comes right down to it.

JLo -- uglyass dress for a really hot chick (not digging that "period piece" look at all, nor the belt right below her breasts), and that bug she was there with, wtf was with that thing? Between the greasy hair, and those beady, blinking eyes, damn man that thing looked an awful lot like Steve Buscemi to me. 'Nuff said.

Penelope Cruz was one of the few people I think who could really pull off that strapless look well. Normally I think spaghetti straps just look much, much better on most women than strapless, but Penelope really pulled it off well. I didn't love the bottom of the dress, but I thought she looked very classy and attractive when she walked out to present and was holding the dress up with both hands while she walked. Very dainty and 1960's or something. She looked really good I thought.

Kirsten Dunst looked horrible I thought. Hated the dress, and more than that her face actually looks different to me. It's almost like she got facial surgery and asked the doctors to make her less attractive than she had been. I can't see her getting many more roles in Hollywood unless she does something to shape her image up.

Cameron Diaz -- I agree she looked great. I loved the dress, and she looked really good with the new tan and all. One thing where I disagree with you though -- I thought her hair was the only thing she messed up last night. The rest of her looked top-notch to me, but it was almost like she didn't really get her hair done up right for the outfit she was wearing. I think she could have looked much better overall with a different style. Maybe it's just me (she's still really hot, don't get me wrong).

I do think you did a disservice by not mentioning Helen Mirren (however you spell her name). For a 67-year-old woman, I thought she looked seriously incredible. Not as physically appealing as many of the younger women at the Oscars, but without any doubt whatsoever easily the best-looking 67-year-old I have ever seen in my life. I thought her face, her outfit, her demeanor, basically everything was just effing perfect. Other than Beyonce, I feel like she stole the show when it came right down to it.

Jada Pinkett Smith looked fine, nothing special but certainly attractive. She's getting a bit older-looking but pulls it off nicely.

Also I thought Jessica Biehl looked fine. I agree with you, nothing spectacular, but she did come from that straight-laced tv show so give her some time to figure out how to dress a little sexier. I'm confident she'll come around.

I love knowing I could stop by here today and know I'd find a nice writeup of everyone's clothes from the show last night. Love reading your stuff, Carmen.

February 26, 2007

 
Blogger pokerpeaker said...

And what do you do, then, to "earn' your awards?

;)

February 26, 2007

 
Blogger Aaron said...

Celine Dion didn't get an honorable mention? Man, that dress was HAWT. Where can I get my gal one of those?

(I forsee a cut-n-paste between this one and Carrie's blog. ha!)

February 26, 2007

 
Blogger brandy said...

I totally agree with the Kirsten Dunst comments. I hate how she always winds up looking slightly drunk and wearing a doily. And her hair! I have the same hairdo when I go to the gym. I pretty much liked everyone else though (I try to reserve my disdain for only one star). Reese was a standout and I really loved the red dress Beyonce wore while singing.

February 27, 2007

 
Blogger Amy said...

That bow thing on Nicole's dress annoyed the heck out of me. That was all I could look at, it was so distracting. Now that the Oscars are over, I'm able to look at the pictures and imagine the dress without it. I think it would have been a really great dress without that stupid thing.

February 28, 2007

 
Blogger Pinky said...

i agree with John... nicole would look stunning it she just wasn't as skinny!! a few more curves in that dress would make it look even better!

March 01, 2007

 
Blogger Angela said...

I agree! Reese rawks!

March 04, 2007

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home