Monday, February 19, 2007

Menopause??

I had a pretty productive weekend. Of course it flew buy as usual.

I had dinner Friday night at the Olive Garden with a group of 6 girls. We got there by 6 p.m. and there was something like an hour wait. Why in the hell is everyone at the Olive Garden so early on a Friday night? The only reason I was there so early was because we had a function to attend and it was starting at 8 p.m. Anyway, we were standing around waiting for our little pager to vibrate (alerting us of a table) when I saw Daniel Negreanu walk out of the bathroom. One of the girls I was with knew who he was because her boyfriend plays poker. She also knew that he was married to an asian chic. So, we walked through the restaurant and found his table and damn if he wasn't sitting there probably TRYING to have a nice meal. I'm sure I interrupted it when I came charging around the corner looking for him. I'm like a star struck little girl whenever I see someone famous, I just ran away like a moron instead of saying hi because I really kind of felt like an idiot. He was all the way in the back in a corner and it was obvious that I was stalking him :)


Anyway, I got the car on Saturday. It's a honda civic. I will post pictures later. I got up early and picked up the car and went straight to the DMV to register it. I had a line pass so I was in and out in about 10 minutes flat. I'm good like that!

I found some great deals at the Galleria Mall in Henderson. I had coupons and it was sale time. Good stuff. I love that mall. It's affordable and that's a good thing. God knows I can't afford anything at the Forum Shops and I can't afford much at the Fashion Show Mall.

I made the mistake of heading over to the MGM Grand later on Satuday (around 3:30 p.m.) I'm not sure if there would have been any GOOD time to go to the strip this weekend, but 3:30 in the afternoon was definitely a BAD time. I was so irritated when I finally go to the MGM. I found a parking spot without too much delay, but I had a really hard time working my way through the garage, passed the monrail and Fat Tuesdays, up the stairs, through the lobby, passed the slots, blackjack tables, lion cages and finally made it to the poker room. Oh my god. It was a madhouse. UGH! I should have went to the Red Rock for sure. I didn't even make much money. I was up $100 at one point, but I ended up walking away only $20 ahead after playing for about 5 hours.

The thing I noticed was that yeah, there were a lot of drunk tourists for sure, but they weren't playing poker. I didn't even have to wait for a table. They were just hanging out getting in the way and creating lines at the bathroom. The dealers told me that there was a stabbing at the MGM Friday night and a shooting over at Caesar's on Friday too. I'm pretty sure there was a lot of violence over the weekend, but I didn't have a chance to watch the news so whatever. I definitely learned my lesson. I'm not ever going to the strip during a big event ever again.

Sunday I was grocery shopping and the weirdest thing happened. I got this HOT HOT FLASH that was so strong, I got dizzy. I was standing in the frozen food aisle, and that wasn't even helping. I got this intense hunger pang too. It felt like I hadn't eaten in days - it came on all of a sudden. I paid for my groceries and ran out to the car and started tearing open the first thing I could find to eat. It ended up being a bag of gummy strawberries. I ate the whole damn bag. I ran home and ate a big bowl of soup and I couldn't even wait three minutes for the soup to cook. I had to eat a handful (or two) of potato chips to tide me over. I definitely didn't like that feeling. My clothes were soaked too. Is this what it feels like to be in menopause? I know that my mom and my aunts are always talking about hot flashes and how miserable they are. Are they usually accompanied with the intense hunger pains too? If so, I'm not looking forward to it at all.

Any doctors in the house??

7 Comments:

Blogger 4dbirds said...

Line passes for the DMV? Sounds like when my daughter had her Make A Wish trip to Disney World and we cut to front, except what fun is the DMV? Actually your little episode sounds like low blood sugar. Hot, irritable and intense hunger are symptoms. You probably went too long without eating. Sorry there weren't any ripe picking at the MGM. Son #2 is in Vegas March 1 through 5 for a bachelor party. I recommended he play at the MGM

February 20, 2007

 
Blogger iamhoff said...

Congrats on the new wheels. Sorry you had to give up the Eclipse, 'cause I know you loved it.

As to your "issues", I haven't a clue. Maybe Dr. Iak can chime in. All I know is you're too young and sexy to be worrying about hot flashes (unless it's August out there)! I mean, didn't a bunch of guys ask you out recently? Enjoy yourself and the attention...that's the fun part of life!

February 20, 2007

 
Blogger jusdealem said...

I agree with 4dbirds, sounds like low blood sugar to me. You look much too young for menopause. Might want to have that checked out!

Btw, I hate to mention this, since I very much appreciate the link on your blog roll, but, ummm, I should be listed under the Poker Chic's...I'm not a Dude! LOL :)

Thanks, though! -jusdealem

February 20, 2007

 
Blogger Aaron said...

Even I would have recognized Daniel Negreanu and I don't play poker! Bonus points for not bothering him. I imagine it's hard to get a good evening out with your wife without being harassed by attractive female poker players. :D

February 20, 2007

 
Blogger pokerpeaker said...

Menopause? Nooooooo.
But, um...you DO sound pregnant. Maybe.
Or the low blood sugar is probably right too.

February 20, 2007

 
Blogger Jay said...

Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I was once in a restaurant in Little Rock when Kiefer Sutherland came in. He was in town for some Bill Clinton thing. Anyway, a women that was with us didn't eat a bite of her food until he left. She just sat there and stared at him the whole time.

I'm sure it made him very uncomfortable.

And I was going to say that that sounded like a "low" also. Might have you blood sugarl checked.

Anyway, great blog. I'll be back!

February 20, 2007

 
Blogger Angela said...

Congrats on the new car!

When I was in Vegas last May, my friend & I made the grave mistake of being at the MGM right when the fight let out. I thought I was gonna wig out of one some of those people.

February 22, 2007

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home