So, good news about Neteller! I was able to log in today and withdraw my funds. Quick, easy, and they say to expect 3 business days before the money is in my checking account. Hopefully the money will actually show up and we can put this mess behind us.
My weekend was really good! I wasn't home much at all. I did all kinds of stuff.
- Watched the independent file, Sunshine over at Suncoast theater. Not bad. Kinda weird, it was like a sci-fi flick and I probably wouldn't have picked it myself, but Doug's roommate wanted to see it and it was pretty enjoyable.
- Saw another indepent film on Saturday night called "I Kill You". It was funny because it was about a hit man who is involved with the mob and he has a drinking problem and he winds up going to A.A. Meetings. We all liked it cause we could totally relate to the meetings and the insanity and the craziness of addiction. The best part about going to this movie was getting 2 free passes because the movie stopped in the middle (it was really like a 5 minute intermission - not a big deal), but we got 2 free passes so now I can go see the Lindsey Lohan movie "I know who killed me". Yes - I am going to donate to her "get out of jail" fund. I'm such an enabler.
- Speaking of Lindsey - Found out some MAJOR GOSSIP! Lindsey Lohan is in a rehab here in Las Vegas. I know this to be true because of a friend of a friend of a friend that works at the Rehab. It's a cushy place, they don't make you get up at any certain time, they don't care if you go to the groups or the meetings, it's really just a place where they feed you, you get to rest, you detox from the drugs and it's like vacation. The rehab I went to was totally different. We had to do daily chores, we had to get up at the same time every day (very early), we had to show up for all groups, we had to stay awake during those groups, we had some writing assignments, we coudln't use the phone, we certainly couldn't leave the property and they searched our rooms, gave us random drug tests every few days, we only got to watch T.V. for about an hour in the evenings before bed. Whatever, that's the way rehab should be I think. You aren't there for vacation, you are there to start a new way of life.
- Spent a lot of time with Doug. Good stuff. Everything's good on the relationship front. I'm always sad when I have to leave on Monday morning and get back to reality. Hanging out with him all weekend is nice and easy and feels like a vacation - no drama - no arguing - no built up resentments and anger to deal with. Pure bliss.
- Spoke at a homeless shelter. Always gives me a lot of gratitude and makes me appreciative of where I'm at today compared to 7 months ago.
- Went to the pool at the Palms! GOD I love this place!!!!!!! The Palms has risen above the Red Rock and is my favorite pool so far. I have nothing but great things to say about the Palms pool and I will have a writeup tonight.
- Last but not least - I did an article about the HOE event that I played in last week and I sent the link to Lupe Soto (founder of the LIPS Tour). She immediately called me and told me what a GREAT job I did and how happy she was with the story. We are going to talk some more about me covering more LIPS Events for pokerworks.com and that makes me very happy because I really enjoy writing and sometimes I second guess myself and I worry that my writing isn't good enough!! But, I had a great experience at the HOE Event and I'm looking forward to getting more involved with that LIPS Tour. Check out my article if you don't know what HOE stands for.