Sunday, November 04, 2007

Back to the Grind

So, I had a very low key weekend. I didn't go to the pool like I planned, it was really cloudy. I did go to the grocery store and spent way too much money. Whatever.

The MGM wasn't very exciting. In fact, I moved tables like twice and then I moved around at each table a few times. It sucked. There was nobody fun to talk to and I wasn't getting any good cards. And then, this British guy sat next to me, he looked like a real life Austin Powers with the jacked up teeth and he STUNK so bad. I'm not even going to say who it was, but he's been on ESPN a few times, he plays in teh main event and I see him around town all the time. That's why I'm not going to say his name, because I know I'll run into him again, but he's the reason I finally left, he stunk so bad and I couldn't stand sitting next to him. Guys - and girls too - if you are going to play poker be thoughtful of others and take a shower first, maybe even throw on a little deodorant - jesus! It's not rocket science people! I broke even - won a few pots, lost a few pots, got thai food for dinner and came home. I did see mookie though! I hope to have dinner with him and the gang sometime this week.

I might have to take a break from the MGM for a while. I know too many people there. That's not always a good thing. I have a very predictable way of playing and it seems that a lot of people there KNOW how I play for sure. Not to mention, I was offered ecstacy the past two times I played there. True story! I think next weekend I'll hit up Caesar's since they have a decent poker room, or maybe I'll head back to the Red Rock.

What's up with all of the poker violence lately? Another private club was robbed over the weekend on the East Coast and it ended in death. That's what happens when you keep gambling illegal, it becomes a hidden, secretive, dirty thing. And people get hurt!

Well, back to the daily grind - happy monday!

10 Comments:

Blogger jusdealem said...

Yea, we were both bored. LOL Oh, that's the worst, sitting next to some stanky man! I hate that. Take a shower people!!

November 04, 2007

 
Blogger Betty Boob Hug said...

I'm sorry you didn't have humdinger of a weekend you were hoping for chickie. That sucks.
Hopefully this week will be a better one for you.
Hey, I did do my seven things - I felt a bit crap for saying no! Like I don't have anything else to do with my day, who am I kidding here, ha.

November 04, 2007

 
Blogger B-Rad said...

I can't get to pokerworks from here, so I don't know where the East Coast incident you are talking about was, but we had another robbery of a poker room here in South Carolina a week or so ago. The robbers didn't hurt anybody, but they did hold a gun to a girl's head and fired two shots into the ceiling. Pretty scary.

If you have a highly predictable style, you definitely need to find places where you don't know so many people. I can't win a dime in our home games because my style is so straight-forward, but I always do well in games with people I don't know.

Smelly people suck. I have this stuff for the car called Odor Gun that neutralizes odors but has no scent of it's own. Someone should figure out a way to load that stuff into one of those little personal fans, and then you could secretely de-odorize people with it.

Hope you have a good week to balance out your weekend.

November 05, 2007

 
Blogger Karen said...

I had the same problem with playing at the same poker room so long that they knew my style. I try to switch it up a bit, but then I don't feel like I am playing my best.

And our poker rooms in Atlantic City are crawling with people pushing all sorts of substances. Sad to say, but when people are drunk or whatever - it is sometimes easier to take them for their cash.

November 05, 2007

 
Blogger 6722 said...

Last month as I was playing poker at the Showboat in AC, a lady next to me reaches into her purse and retrieved a bottle of perfume. Instead of re-spraying her neck and chest (I was preparing my best choking episode as she was cute and I thought it would be a nice joke to break the ice between us), she points it at the person on her other side and dooses him with perfume. She puts the perfume back into her purse and just smiles to the rest of us, including the jackjaw dude she squirted. We all had a laugh over it (except the jackjaw dude) about what to do when the person sitting next to you stinks.

you get that dog, yet?

November 05, 2007

 
Blogger RockDog said...

Usually hidden, secretive, and dirty and things I live for! ;)

November 05, 2007

 
Blogger 4dbirds said...

Maybe it has something to do with Brits. LOL. We had a British technical advisor when I was stationed in Berlin. He reeked to high heaven. Any room he was in would stink even after he left it. Hints did no good.

A home game was robbed at gun point here a month or so ago. That's why I don't go to them. If I have one, I'm definately going to keep it invite only and no tag-alongs allowed. The door will be locked also.

November 05, 2007

 
Blogger Jay said...

Just carry a little can of Tag Body Spray with you and when Smelly McStinkerson sits next to you pull it out and spray him. LOL

Keeping gambling illegal + an all cash business (cause it's illegal so it has to be all cash) = violence.

November 05, 2007

 
Blogger The Diva's Thoughts said...

Oh yeah...it may be time to move to another venue.

I'm glad you at least didn't loose any real money.

November 05, 2007

 
Blogger qofd said...

Hey, I have a question for you? How often do poker players change up their style, if ever? I'm just wondering because if you have a predictable style of play, wouldn't it pay to shake it up?

Sign me - Curious in California.

Or Steph. Maybe Steph is better.

November 05, 2007

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home