Monday, November 05, 2007

Bold or Creepy?

So, I'm walking my favorite little girl (Lucy) yesterday and I'm listening to the Ipod, when a car drives by, turns around, and pulls up next to me. I took the headphones off and assumed I'd be giving out some directions, when the window rolls down and this guy asks me if I'm married. Whoa - I wasn't expecting that. Lucy wasn't either because she jumped up on the car and tried to force her way into the window - AGGRESSIVELY! She was NOT liking the look of this guy and neither was I. I told him I was married and continued along my merry way. He complimented me on how "HOT" I was and left. Ummmmm - what?

I'm walking the dog, I haven't showered yet, I have no make up on and this guy never even saw my face until he pulled up next to me. Have any of you guys ever pulled up next to a girl walking a dog and just asked her out? I think it's a pretty bold move. Here's the thing though, if he was good looking, I might have considered it. But, alas, he was ugly and a little scary, so bold move now equals creepy move.

I've said it time and time again. If a girl is interested in you, the over the top lines are funny and creative, but if a girl isn't interested, you are desperate and annoying. The Drama Queen showing up at my work the day after our first date, was sweet, because I liked him. It would have been stalkerish though if I didn't like him. See where I'm going with this?

There is definitely a different set of rules for those we are interested in as opposed to those we are repulsed by.

And how come I've never had a cute guy pull over and ask me out? It's always the gross ones. The good looking ones don't have to work that hard, they sit back and let the girls come to them.

16 Comments:

Blogger RockDog said...

IMO, completely creepy even if he was Brad Pitt~! This is cool when you are 17 and cruising the town for "hot chicks"...adults don't do this! LOL!

November 06, 2007

 
Blogger 6722 said...

Lucy sounds like a keeper.

November 06, 2007

 
Blogger Shell said...

I am often found doing drive-by's on the bus stop to see what type of ass I can pull.

November 06, 2007

 
Blogger B-Rad said...

Give yourself some credit. Maybe the guy normally doesn't do that kind of stuff, but you are just that smokin' hot and he couldn't resist!

I have the same problem when I am cruising in my minivan. Soccer moms go insane :)

November 06, 2007

 
Blogger Karen said...

I agree that 2 different guys can use the same line and it would work differently depending on my take on the guy. That being said, I don't know if I'd ever fall for the dog walking drive by and trun around. That just seems odd.

November 06, 2007

 
Blogger RaisingCayne said...

Creepy!

I like to choose a much smoother method for the drive-by pick up... just honking the horn as I pass thus communicating an attraction, then leaving it up to the hot co-ed to run me down and ask me out.

What? This doesn't work? In my defense, my car has a really sexy horn!

November 06, 2007

 
Blogger jusdealem said...

The ugly ones never seem to mind making those bold moves. You'd think being ugly would make them shy, but no, it's the opposite with men. LOL

November 06, 2007

 
Blogger pokerpeaker said...

Yeah, I vote creepy.

November 06, 2007

 
Blogger Jay said...

Totally creepy.

The world is full of all kinds of freaks.

November 06, 2007

 
Blogger david mcmahon said...

Definitely creepy. Yes, give yourself some credit, but you did well not to fall for his line ....

November 06, 2007

 
Blogger The Diva's Thoughts said...

Girl we are so on the same page!!! I say the EXACT same thing!

November 06, 2007

 
Blogger "The Rake" said...

desperate men turn to desperate ways. Us cute ones don't have to make such bold moves. haha

November 06, 2007

 
Blogger Betty Boob Hug said...

It is always the gross ones, not so much in their looks but the way they think they can charm women. They are deluded and creepy.

You made a good point! how come no nice, gentle, normal fellas ask a girl out? it's only the mongs.

shame. [sigh]

November 06, 2007

 
Blogger B said...

"if he was good looking, I might have considered it."

LOL

truth I love it!

November 06, 2007

 
Blogger The Egel Nest said...

The whole guy in a car bit is so "80's" anyway...

Was he listening to St. Elmo's Fire on the radio?

lol

Found you through David's awesome site authorblog. Congrats on your post of the day! :)

Bradley
The Egel Nest

November 07, 2007

 
Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

Whoa- even though it was a creepy dude, I'd still be flattered. I mean, he must have been thinking you were hot hot hot to do that!

November 07, 2007

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home