Thursday, November 15, 2007

TGIF BITCHES!!!

So, I'm playing a little five dollar sit and go tonight on Full Tilt and this guy, I guess it's a guy, possibly a girl starts going off on me calling me a whore and a slut because I hit a two outer on him. His name was gen anthorpe. What a tool. I'm just like, get a life it's a $5 dollar game. I mean really, are all the names necessary?

I knocked him out shortly thereafter, he totally deserved it. I have to laugh at people who take themselves so seriously in these cheesy little sit and go's or even the bigger tournaments online. I mean, it's not the Aussie Millions, it's not the WSOP, hell, it's just a game. If you are taking this game THAT seriously, maybe you should try getting a life. The cussing, name calling, and freaking out is just tasteless, immature and foolish.

At any rate - it's FRIDAY! Yay! This particular Friday is a payday, that makes it an even better weekend and next week is VERY short week. I have a four day weekend and that is very exciting.

So, Thanksgiving is a very weird time for me because I have NEVER since I was a teenager been clean or sober for Thanksgiving. I even had 11 months clean at one point, but I relapsed right before Thanksgiving. The holidays are hard for any addict, but this one is especially hard for me because I'm away from my family, Don always leaves for like 10 days to go to Florida and I'm just here alone, with Lucy. I usually plan my relapses around this time because I know there will be nobody here to see what I am doing. When I spend too much time alone, it's a very bad thing.

So, this year, it's going to be different. Like I said before, I'm going to a meeting everyday, I'm planning functions for all of my days off and my attitude is just different this time. I have way too many things going for me to give it all up now. So, history will not repeating itself this year.

Well, have a good weekend everyone! TGIF!

16 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Sounds like you won't be letting history get the best of you this year...planning is always half the battle, and it's sounding like you're planning to be very in control! I'll send you good vibes!

November 16, 2007

 
Blogger cdstedman said...

Good for you. I personally plan on getting hopped up on triptaphine, just love leftover turkey.

November 16, 2007

 
Blogger Karen said...

When people are rude in poker rooms I turn the chat feature off. I agree that no one needs to get so worked up over a $5 sit and go.

You should be so proud of yourself for being clean and healthy this year.

November 16, 2007

 
Blogger Ken P said...

WTG, Kiddo!

Looks like the head's screwed on straight for the table and for life!

As to the blaster, hell... I always agree with them. Tell them it is always what happens to you when you've been nice to people. That'll tilt them more than the Lusitania. :)

November 16, 2007

 
Blogger Jay said...

Yeah, another internet tough guy. People think they are so bad ass when they are online and nobody can reach across the table and bitch slap them. What a loser.

There won't be any relapse this year because you are clearly committed to it NOT happening. Like you said you've come so far and got way too much going on now to be bothered by that shit. And we're all really proud of you too!

November 16, 2007

 
Blogger RockDog said...

Carmen! Woo woo! I hate the jerks trying to be tough behind their keyboard...very annoying.

I know that you'll do just fine this holiday season. Sounds like you've come a long way and are doing the right things. We're all very proud of you!

Have a kick ass weekend!

November 16, 2007

 
Blogger Instant Tragedy: Just Add Water said...

One day at a time my friend!

You can do it!

Call me if ya need to talk.

With Thanksgiving almost in the books, the winter gathering is getting closer and closer.

And I can't wait!!

November 16, 2007

 
Blogger yestbay said...

Carmen, you are so right about the fools who get bent out of shape over a beat that they suffer in a silly poker game. People like that should find a different hobby.

We know you will continue your clean and sober ways this holiday season and for a very long time to come. I look forward to meeting you in just three weeks at the Winter Classic!

Dave Westbay

November 16, 2007

 
Blogger Erica AP said...

Wow!!! What a great attitude you have about the holidays! I'm sure you will be strong and have a wonderful long weekend. :)

November 16, 2007

 
Blogger The Diva's Thoughts said...

I am so very proud of you!!! I am really glad to hear your new frame of mind this year. You are going to do just fine. Just fine.

November 16, 2007

 
Blogger Betty said...

I don't know why, but this post just makes me love ya! I think you are a wonderful person :)

November 16, 2007

 
Blogger Terri said...

you can do it! (T'giving clean and sober). I'm pulling for you.

November 16, 2007

 
Blogger KajaPoker said...

Top 5 Tag:

http://kajagugupoker.blogspot.com/2007/11/top-5-meme.html

That should distract you a bit? Stay strong girl!

November 16, 2007

 
Blogger jusdealem said...

Best of luck getting thru the holidays. I know you can do it! :)

November 17, 2007

 
Blogger Princess Extraordinaire said...

A HUGE congratulations to you for beig clean and sober for the week of Thanksgiving for the very first time!I am so proud of you, girl! I rememebr when it was my first sober holiday season and it was surreal....Ihope you are blessed with all the gifts you so reaily give to others....

November 18, 2007

 
Blogger pokertart said...

I just saw this post today. Hang in there. Thanksgiving will come and go before you know it!

November 20, 2007

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home