Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Sunday Blues

It's been a rough weekend. I'm still in a funk, but I'm forcing myself to push through it. I did lay on the couch all day yesterday and caught up on about 10 back to back episodes of Friday Night Lights. I love that show.

Once I finally got up and went to the meeting, I felt a lot better and then I went out to eat and hit up the Red Rock Bowling alley. Nice place. I scored a big 93. I was 2nd to last place.

Friday night was a little chaotic. I went to a meeting and then we all went out to eat, so one of my friend's ex boyfriends went out to eat with us and he happpened to sit next to me. She wasn't even there, but when she found out he was there, being the stalker that she is, she showed up at the restaurant after everyone was just about done eating. She asked to see the pictures in my camera and someone had snapped a picture of him with his arm around me. Not a big deal considering I was in a picture with just about every guy at the table. She threw a fit! They've been broken up for a year and I am certainly not interested in him. Not to mention, they only dated for about 3 weeks. We got in a huge shouting match in the middle of the restaurant - always a good time. Seriously, she needs to take a chill pill. I used to live for the drama when I was younger, but I hate it now. I should be the bigger person and pick up the phone, but ugh, it's so hard to swallow the pride and just do it.

My M.O. is that once a friend and I have a falling out, instead of dealing with the uncomfortability of talking things through, I just cut them out of my life completely. It's a really shitty pattern because I cheat myself out of some great friendships that way. I'm trying to do something different and actually keep my friends, so I'm gonna have to call her. She's been a HUGE support to me this past year, she's a loyal friend and I have to put myself in her position and realize that she's probably just a little hurt too even though she may have over reacted a little bit.

So, let's top of this post with some pictures from the weekend...


Dinner at the Red Robin last night - they have the best, saltiest, yummiest french fries...



Me and Parker at the Red Rock Lanes...




Sari and Maggie...



The guys...



Me, Sue, Johnny and Rachel...



Me and Phil...



Jason, Me and Maggie...



Well, I'm heading to Westcare tonight - it's a women's rehab, most likely in the ghetto, should be good times. I bet I'll feel a surge of gratitude when I leave. It should be very good for me.

11 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

There you go again, proving my theory about hot chicks always hanging out with other hot chicks. ;-)

Your friend did overreact more than just a little bit, but I would think this could be worked out pretty easily.

January 20, 2008

 
Blogger RockDog said...

I second what Jay said...you always have hot friends in your pictures!

PS...I don't know if anyone told you, but we are staying on your couch next time the Adult Video awards role around. Please leave a spare key under the mat....LOL!

Have a good week!

January 20, 2008

 
Blogger Betty said...

Sorry to hear about your friend flipping out and ruining what might have been a nice night out.

I do that to people a lot - just cut them out and walk away and don't look back, but like you, I'm trying to do things like an adult and really get to the bottom of the problem.

You look great by the way and I hope you are feeling LOTS better by the time you read this msg.

xxx

January 20, 2008

 
Blogger Mister Underhill said...

Jellusy has to be the most annoying thing in the world.

January 21, 2008

 
Blogger "The Rake" said...

That's a lot of going out to eat.

Then again, who am I to complain - I love to eat.

January 21, 2008

 
Blogger 4dbirds said...

Yes pick up the phone and call her if the friendship is worth keeping. All relationships take work (work defined as saying you're sorry when you're really right but letting it go anyway). :-)

January 21, 2008

 
Blogger Joey said...

Women seem to let friendships fail much more than guys IMO.

I don't know why that is.

Maybe us guys have shorter memories or maybe we just don't have the energy to carry all that baggage around so we get past stuff much quicker.

In any case I think calling her up and rationally explaining the situation to her is worthwhile and if she still can't understand then to hell with her.

January 21, 2008

 
Blogger The Diva's Thoughts said...

It definitely sounds like girly over reacted big time.

January 21, 2008

 
Blogger STACY'S TRIP said...

Glad I found you again. I wondered where your link was....and I needed to hear the thing about not cutting people out of your life. I do that too... gotta stop it. I got you again so I'll be back

January 21, 2008

 
Blogger Love_elf said...

Hmmmmm....tough situation. I suggest taking some time for both of you to cool off and get some perspective on the situation. She obviously feels hurt and threatened by you. Then, the next time you see her, take her aside and give her a hug, ask her if she's ok and maybe start with a little light-hearted humor to take the "edge" off.

January 21, 2008

 
Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

some girls are so freaking jealous and whacked out! I can't even believe it.

January 22, 2008

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home