Sunday, August 17, 2008

Can't think of a title

Another weekend bites the dust...

It was a pretty good one though. No complaints here. I actually spent a lot of time with my friend Hilary. She didn't have her boys this weekend and her fiancee' was out of town - so it was a rare weekend for her since she was totally alone. I did zumba Saturday morning at the gym and after class this girl came up to me and asked me if I'm a dancer. I thought that was sweet. I wasn't sure if she was asking me if I'm a stripper and maybe I should have been offended, but I wasn't :) She said that she watches me during the class and if she gets lost she follows me.
Right now I only take the zumba class on Saturday morning, but I'm going to rearrange my meeting schedule and start taking zumba a few times during the week. I mean - I might as well - it's the one thing I love doing at the gym - it is fun, makes me sweat, puts me in a good mood and that one hour flies by. It's so much better than the boring ass treadmill and the elliptical machines.

A friend of mine teaches Bikram Yoga and she's been trying to get me to do it but I'm very leary. Bikram Yoga is taught in a hot room - I think it's like 120 degrees in the room and it'sa 90 minute class where you do yoga and sweat your ass off. I've heard that a lot of people puke the first time they do it. But, I've seen the most amazing results on those who stick with it. Literally my friend Sue went from a size 10 down to a 5 in just like 2 or 3 months. It's truly amazing. Well, anyway, Hilary and I are going to try it next weekend so I'll let you guys know. Have any of you ever tried bikram?

Saturday night after the meeting I went to Red Robin with a bunch of people and it was really frustrating. First of all, we go there almost every Saturday night. They totally know us and we bring them a lot of business. So, the girl that always waits on us had a total attitude. She was in a shitty mood and I guess she was tired, but whatever. I used to wait tables and it's like being on stage almost. You have to go in there with a good attitude, you have to check your ego at the door and you have to be nice even when you don't feel like it. Unless of course, you don't want to make any money and then by all means, go ahead and be a bitch.

So, she took forever to get us drinks, I wanted to order and that took forever, she finally takes our order and puts it in. About 15 minutes later she comes out and says they are out of shrimp, which is of course what I ordered. Um, why in the hell did it take her 15 minutes to tell me that? So, now I'm really annoyed. I just order a bowl of chili. The food finally comes out and my chili looks basically like someone threw up in it. I made the craziest face and was like "what the hell is this?" and she says "oh, well it was sitting back there a while so we threw it in the microwave. It'll look better if you just stir it." I was like "take this back - I don't want anything - this is disgusting". What the fuck? Are you kidding me? It was sitting back there a while so we threw it in the microwave? Why would you even tell somebody that? Anyway, so that was annoying. I came home and ate ice cream for dinner at 11 p.m. at night. Very good for the diet.

I snapped a few photos last night at Red Robin...

Me and Hilary...



Doug, Owen and Robert...



My other friend Hilary and Steve...




---------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations to Ellen and Portia - they tied the knot this weekend in a very intimate ceremony Saturday night. Only 20 guests were in attendance and I think it's so sweet. I love Ellen - I think she is hysterical and Portia looked like a princess...



Good for them!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know why tomorrow (Monday) night is so significant? Anyone Anyone?

Well - make sure to plant your butt on the couch or set your TIVO for Monday night because it's the season premier of the one, the only, the fakest "reality' show on T.V. that we can't get enough of - THE HILLS!!!!!!



Does everyone else hate Lo as much as I do? She is seriously one of the most annoying people on T.V. I know that the Hills is terribly scripted, obviously fake and I'm probably way too old to be watching it, but I can't help it. I'm hooked.




Has anyone caught the new series "The Cleaner" that comes on A&E? It's about a recovering addict (Benjamin Bratt) who uses unconvential ways to get people off the streets and away from the drugs. The roomie and I have been watching it and we really like it. So far they only came out with like 3 episodes for the summer, but I guess people liked it because a new one will be on T.V. Tuesday night. I'm looking forward to it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

I would have sent the food back too. In fact, I would have looked for one of those comment cards or gone to their website after I got home ripped them a new one for crappy food and service.

I can't believe Ellen didn't invite me to the wedding.

August 17, 2008

 
Blogger B said...

LO is a certified bitch - can't stand her and have no idea why they let her on that very fake show I like whitney the best the other one with the fake tits drives me nuts too.

p.s I think she had more than 20 guests because Justin Timberlake was there with Biel and he wouldn't be her top 20 fav people?
Happy for her though

August 17, 2008

 
Blogger Cinnkitty said...

OOO... yet another "Red Robbin" sucks post in less than a week. Hmm.... Boobs, Injuries and Dr. Pepper has a bad experience too! (although her's got some SERIOUS resolution).

I haven't seen The Cleaner yet, but I love BB, so I'll have to check it out. It probably comes on at the same time as Football..and I can't miss Football! :)

August 18, 2008

 
Blogger bub said...

Holy cow, is that Steve Funk in that picture? That dude is the coolest guy in the world. I heard he moved to Vegas. Small world...

August 18, 2008

 
Blogger RaisingCayne said...

Red Robin blows! Your recent poor experience seems pretty standard from that rip off of a restaurant.

August 18, 2008

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home