Friday, August 29, 2008

Rant

Rant....

So, last night on my way home from work I stop by the CVS right by my house to get my prescription for YAZ filled. Now, I've had this prescription for the last year and a half - it's a birth control pill, the doctor gives me a 12 month supply, but for insurance purposes I have to have it filled every month and I always have it filled at CVS. I specifically chose CVS because it's a big chain of stores and they are all over town.

First, I get to the counter and there isn't a sole waiting there. No customers in line, nobody in the waiting area - just me. Should be a piece of cake. So, I give the girl my name - twice. I give her my birthdate - twice. And then she informs me that my prescription has been transferred out. WHAT? What does that mean? I didn't transfer it anywhere. We go around and around for about five minutes, but she's just telling me the same thing over and over again - it's been transferred out. What does that mean???? Finally, she says, it's in a different CVS on the south side of town. I'm like "well, can't I get it filled here???? This is a CVS right?" Not to mention, I never moved the freaking thing anywhere. I always go to the same damn store every month. Her manager finally stepped in and showed her how to back out of the screen, do whatever they needed to do and they filled it for me. But, here's my issue. Why in the hell do I always have to go through such a big dramatic experience everytime I go to get my freakin birth control filled? And quite honestly, I want to know why in the hell I even need a prescription for birth control? Shouldn't anyone just be able to buy that stuff? It's like, I have to promise my first born child, give blood and a urine sample everytime I step in there.

Give me a break. They should be HAPPY to give that shit away. I'm not sure about this, but can't you go to the pharmacy and get a day after pill if you slip up? So, why do I need a prescription to do a little preventative maintenance? It's really effin annoying.

Of course, I sat there and waited for it to be filled. After me, an older gentlemen walked in and was denied his prescription because they need some extra form from his doctor and the doctor's office was closed for the day. He had the prescription in hand, but they wouldn't fill it until they could talk to his doctor.

And, then, another lady walked in and she was denied hers too. I can't remember what her deal was, but she had been coming to the same pharmacy and had the same doctor FOREVER and her script had run out and she needed a re-fill and she had to beg them to let her borrow two until her doctor could properly give her the re-fill. They finally caved in.

Each time though, it was like this big question and answer period where they had to ask your name twelve times, verify the birthdate about 8 times, type it in , can't find it, look again, it finally pops up - and then they are DENIED!

Like, the pharmacy's main job is to fill prescriptions. You would think they'd have it down to a science. They are always confused, losing stuff, searching for things, half of them don't speak english and it's always a big freaking ordeal.

I'm probably going to switch all my stuff over to Walgreen's and see if they are any better. They are opening one literally at the end of my street in a few weeks. I could probably walk there.

Anyway - rant over...

It's Friday bitches - and it's a 3 day weekend!!!! Holla!

16 Comments:

Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

HOLLA!

August 29, 2008

 
Blogger DuggleBogey said...

"I want to know why in the hell I even need a prescription for birth control? Shouldn't anyone just be able to buy that stuff? It's like, I have to promise my first born child"

Irony makes me laugh.

August 29, 2008

 
Blogger Astin said...

The morning after pill is pretty standard - it's a whallop of hormones. There's a reason they also give you gravol with it.

The pill has a ton of variations. Different hormone combinations, different levels, different effects. It's not something that can just be left to a layperson to pick for themselves, hence the prescription. The only reason I can think of doling them out on a monthly basis though is to stop people from buying them for someone else. Strange, I know, but there are a lot of teenagers out there terrified their folks will find out and the like.

I've known women who have reacted all kinds of ways to the pill. Some gain weight, some lose weight, some get acne, others have their skin clear up. There's been failures from low-dose versions, and excrutiating pain from high-does ones (it can really fuck with your cycle). I even know someone who was suicidal whenever they went on their break from the pill - something nobody clued into until I asked after another hospital stay for them.

It might seem like a simple medication, but it can have pretty dire consequences.

August 29, 2008

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Hey Carmen what are some good suggestions for attractions, shows, etc, etc..

August 29, 2008

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

lol. Thank you hottie! Now that you have collected all your thoughts on Vegas you can post them on your blog and someone will probably send you a Vegas Tourism advertisement lol.

August 29, 2008

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

August 29, 2008

 
Blogger Slyde said...

ugh! dont get me started on CVS!

i dont think i have EVER walked in there for a perscription and not have it been effed up...

August 29, 2008

 
Blogger Heather said...

OMG,I'm infuriated from just reading about your nightmare!!!

August 29, 2008

 
Blogger Butch Howard said...

Of course, your rant should be aimed at the insurance companies, the government regulations, and the lawsuits which have driven the pharmacies and other companies into having such stupid, anti-business, anti-customer policies.

Your experience will be much the same at Walgreens.

August 29, 2008

 
Blogger Moe Wanchuk said...

ok.... I am truly disgusted by this story and I feel as tho it is my civic duty to help u out. Seeing that I have been "neutered" I am willing to offer you Full "Use and Abuse" of my manly essentials, so you no longer need to go thru this awful CVS customer service again!
And I'm proud to volunteer! Thank You.

Love,
Moe

August 29, 2008

 
Blogger Laura said...

Does this mean that the guy you went out with last week is going to ...ya know...get lucky, uh huh huh huh huh uh huh huh huh!

Thanks for the informative rant on your deeply personal issues - posted out there on again online for the entire world to see.

Tune in next week, Kiddies for the next episode entitled: Poker Girl's Visit to the Gynecologist...perhaps she will attach photos as well...PLEASE GOD! NO!!

August 29, 2008

 
Blogger Laura said...

HEY DUDE, IF YOU TOOK CARMEN CINCOTTA TO THAT MOVIE LAST WEEK, YOU ARE GONNA SCORE!!!!

(If you haven't already! Please wear a condom ok? 'Cause she's been around the block a few times or haven't you been reading her blog?)

It's Friday, bitches!

August 29, 2008

 
Blogger Laura said...

Underhill, now's your chance!

August 29, 2008

 
Blogger Laura said...

Ahem!
Dear Ms. Poker Gal in Vega$!
I am that dude who hit on you last week in the Red Rock elevator while I was with my wife & kids. I was mesmerized by your great beauty...uh actually both of them as they were popping out of your blouse for the entire world to see!
In light of your birth control escapades at CVS, and seeing as you are advertising on the internet as being WIDE OPEN for business...could you..uh... ya know? Would you like to git together sometime?

August 29, 2008

 
Blogger The Diva's Thoughts said...

Getting prescriptions filled can be a pain in the butt!

August 29, 2008

 
Blogger Love_elf said...

Hmmmm...I've never really had a problem at my CVS. One time they did not have my prescription, and had to order it, but it arrivd the next day, and I got a phone call to let me know. Maybe it's just that particular CVS?

August 29, 2008

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home