Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday Ramblings

I hate to write this for fear of jinxing myself, but I've been totally kicking ass playing online lately. I usually play on Saturday and Sundays and most of the time I just play in one or two table sit and go's and somehow I've just been winning a lot! I have my Full Tilt account up to like $520.00 - that's the most it's ever been!! Here's the best part - I have never put any money into that account. I got my money from ads and stuff. However, since I've never added money to the account, I've also never been able to cash out either. I think you have to add money before you can cash anything out. I'll have to check into it.

As I'm sitting here blogging, I logged into two more games and I won them both. This one was two tables - $72 win for me!



Anyway, I went to Borders Bookstore today to buy The Waiter's book...



They didn't have it yet! That sucked. I guess I will just order it online at Amazon or something. He's getting great reviews so I'm really looking forward to reading it. He's an awesome writer.

I ended up buying Chelsea Handler's new book - "Are you there vodka? It's Me Chelsea". She is super funny and I know her book is going to rock.



I stayed away from the mall which was a good thing, but I stopped in Marshall's next to the bookstore just for the hell of it and I was surprised to see Lucky Jeans, Jessica Simpson shoes, Juicy sweatsuits and a slew of other good stuff - reasonably priced. I even saw an Ipod Home Stereo for like $40.00. I actually want to go back and get that. It was a good deal. I usually don't have the patience to look through all of those racks usually, but I could see that they had some good bargains in there today. I actually purchased these...




I'll be wearing them tomorrow :)

--------------------------------------------------------

Crazy weekend for celebrities and death.

Saturday morning we found out that Comedian Bernie Mac died in the hospital from complications with pneumonia. Very sad. I loved him in the Kings of Comedy and he was a very funny guy. He'll be missed.

Saturday night I read about Carey Hart's brother dying on the race track early Saturday - he was only 21 years old.

And then this morning I woke up to find that Isaac Hayes died. Not very surpising considering the last time I heard him he was doing an interview on the Adam Corolla show (a few months ago) and he was blitzed out of his mind. He was completely effed up, he wasn't making any sense and they couldn't even understand him. It was insane. They've actually been using the drops from that interview for the last few months on Adam's show because they are so damn funny. Anyway, not a good weekend for deaths.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Chelsea Handler rocks.

August 10, 2008

 
Blogger Laura said...

$hopping, $pending...

by the way, how is that debt consolidation going for ya?

Remember not too long ago when you were crying the blues as your paychecks don't exactly cover your monthly expenses?

Slacking off in group again as well last week...

What a mess we seem to dig for ourselves, eh?

Hee hee!

August 10, 2008

 
Blogger Joey said...

hey im happy to trade links! already linked urs!

August 10, 2008

 
Blogger Richard said...

A cahs out can indee donly go to a account from where you made a deposit. Just make a minimal deposit and cash out more later.

August 11, 2008

 
Blogger PinkPiddyPaws said...

hmm...I'll have to check into those books.I'm always on the prowl for new reads!

Oh, and Lucky Brand at Marshall's? Rock on!! :)

August 11, 2008

 
Blogger Joe said...

Not a good weekend for deaths, true, but in every other respect it looks like it was a great weekend for you.

But remind me to never play poker with you. I don't have enough money as it is. lol

August 11, 2008

 
Blogger Karen said...

I read both Chelsea Handler books. They totally rock.

I have been having the opposite effect on Full Tilt. LOL.

August 11, 2008

 
Blogger The Diva's Thoughts said...

I was so floored to hear about Bernie and Isaac. I am still in shock to be honest.

Those shoes totally RAWK!!!

August 11, 2008

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

You and I have the same summer reading list! I laughed all the way through Chelsea Handler's book...you'll love it!!

I am waiting for the Waiter's book, too...that ought to be great!

August 11, 2008

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home