Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Survivor Football Pool

To all of my readers - check this out....

My roommmate put together a fantasy football type league called Survivor Football! I joined, my parents joined, my uncle joined and the more the merrier - so please click on the link for details. The cost is a measly $20 and we'd love to get tons of people to join.




The quick synopsis is that you pick one team per week to win. If that team wins, you go onto the next week and pick another team. The only catch is that you can only pick each team once. So, if you pick the New England Patriots the first week to win, you can never pick New England again. The last person standing wins all of the money!!!

So, head on over and sign up!!!!!

I didn't watch the Hills last night because I went to sleep at 9 p.m. Lame - I know! I'll definitely watch it tonight when I get home from bowling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This is so wrong on so many levels. I heard this news story this morning on the radio and I was beside myself. I can't believe this stupid cop wouldn't let them go - he totally killed this dog...


SAN MARCOS, Texas -- In the middle of the night, a young couple watched in horror as their beloved pet tittered between life and death.

Missy laid across Krystal Hernandez's lap as Michael Gonzalez raced to the New Braunfels Veterinarian Clinic. The teacup poodle's airway was blocked -– she was choking on food.

The couple zoomed past Officer Paul Stephens allegedly at a clip of 95 miles per hour in a 70 mph-zone.

Stephens initiated a routine traffic stop. Gonzalez pulled over. Immediately, Stephens asked the driver to move to the end of the overpass.

The driver was frantic, he was yelling "my dog is dying - we need to get her to an emergency room". He begged the cop to let him go.

"This is when he lectured (Gonzalez) on how he was driving and said 'it's just a dog, you can get another one,' " Williams said. "So that only inflamed the situation and made it worse. You can't talk to people that way when their world is coming down around them."

"They (the couple) were just trying to deal with that emergency and doing everything they thought they should do to save that dog -- the officer should have recognized that and worked to help them in that emergency."

Later that day Gonzalez filed a complaint against Stephens, alleging the officers' conferencing had wasted valuable time in saving the dog's life.

He got off with a slap on the wrist and he has to attend counseling! What bullshit!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Well - I gotta run - have a good day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

I've never tried a survivor pool. Well, I did one just by myself to try it out last season and got clobbered in the third week. They're actually very hard.

August 19, 2008

 
Blogger Laura said...

Poker Girl: "I did zumba Saturday morning at the gym and after class this girl came up to me and asked me if I'm a dancer. I wasn't sure if she was asking me if I'm a STRIPPER and maybe I should have been offended, but I wasn't."

Sorry this is late, this one almost slipped by me! Ha ha ha!

Well...if it dresses like a slut, moves like a ho, acts like a tramp - chances are..it is Poker Girl in Vegas!

Thanks for making us laugh again today! From your favorite hecklers!

August 19, 2008

 
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I don't understand the rules to regular football much less the fantasy kind. Hope you guys have fun, though.

August 19, 2008

 
Blogger The Diva's Thoughts said...

Ok, I am so furious at that damn cop!! He is a complete ass.

You never tell anyone to get over it, you can get another dog. What kind of crap is that?

August 19, 2008

 
Blogger PinkPiddyPaws said...

ha..ha.ha.. I think I'll stick to my free fantasy league but yours sounds like a fun/tough go of it. Good luck with that!

As for the news story.. umm.. did the dog make it? If not, I'd go after that guy for murder! :P

August 19, 2008

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home