Monday, November 10, 2008

Back to the grind...

My weekend was pretty laid back. I didn't spend a lot of money so that's a good thing. Saturday I met my mom over at the DMV so that she could sign the title of her car over to me and I could get it registered. Since the car was coming from another state, there were a couple of things I had to get done. I had to get a smog test and get a VIN number inspection. I did all of that and then I went back to the DMV with my line skip pass since I had already waited in line and I filled out the forms, paid my money and got my new tags. I ran through the burger king drive through, went home, laid on the couch and the DMV called my cell phone. Apparently they missed one signature on a form and they needed me to come back. UGH. So, I drove back over there and walked to the front of the line, signed the form and left. They were so thankful. The guy even had his manager come over and thank me. They were like "nobody ever comes up here as fast as you did when we call". I'm sure they don't. I didn't feel like going back up there either, but who's it going to hurt in the long run if my car isn't registered properly? Me. Not the DMV. So, whatever.

My parents were supposed to come over yesterday for dinner, but there stuff finally arrived. They shipped their cars to Nevad and they arrived weeks ago, but their boxes just finally got here yesterday. It took forever. So, they stayed home to wait for the boxes and to unpack. I spent the whole day on the couch and watched a very long marathon on TLC of my new favorite show. It's called Mystery Diagnosis and it's about people that have something wrong with them and it takes forever for the doctors to diagnose it properly. Crazy! Some of those people are in pain for years before they finally get a proper diagnosis.

So, next weekend I'm going to Southern California with my friend Hilary for the N.A. Convention. Should be so fun! I'm totally looking forward to it.

Since I have off almost two weeks for Christmas, my mom and I are thinking about taking a little trip. I'm going to start looking online for something to do. San Diego and L.A. are like a 3 hour trip from here. I'm also interested in visiting San Francisco and Seattle. My mom has never been to California at all and I've only been there once, so it'll be a new and fun experience for both of us.

Does anyone know of anything fun going on around Christmas time in Cali? Any festivals or fun shows or anything? Does anyone have a favorite hotel they stay or a restaurant they love? Thanks for the input!

7 Comments:

Blogger Tee aka The Diva's Thoughts said...

I absolutely love LA!! Santa Monica and Venice Beach! Man I wish I lived out there permanently.

November 10, 2008

 
Blogger llmakowski said...

Not sure of anything fun per se, but my sister-in-law lives in San Diego and John and I have been there a couple times- SUPER FUN! and very laid back....

November 10, 2008

 
Blogger HighOnPoker said...

Carmen, I drove the coast of CA this summer, from SF to SD. If you can do something like that, I would highly recommend it. Santa Barbara is really nice too.

I can recommend a hotel in San Diego that was reasonably priced and very nice. It's called the Bay Club Hotel & Marina. I found it via reading reviews at TripAdvisor.com. I HIGHLY recommend Trip Advisor.

Have fun.

November 10, 2008

 
Blogger Princess Extraordinaire said...

I am from San Francisco and always loed Union Square over the holidays - the decorations are beautiful and the city is bustling with an energy reserved for Christmas...I would definitely go there! I live in Orange County now and love it here - glad you're going to the NA convention!

November 10, 2008

 
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I also recommend San Diego. I was just there this summer and the weather is always gorgeous. San Francisco is great too but very cold.

November 10, 2008

 
Blogger PinkPiddyPaws said...

You totally have to go to Seattle! I made my pilgrimage to the 1st Starbucks EVER OPENED and it was like Mecca for me. ha.ha.ha..

November 11, 2008

 
Blogger LB said...

How fun!!! Come to San Francisco!!! Union Square is beautiful at Christmas time!! Email me if you decide to come to the Bay Area and I will try and recommend some cool stuff!!

November 11, 2008

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home