Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween - Part I

So, this is how Halloween went down. I knew about the party at Drama Queen's house and I was definitely going. And then as the weeks went by I decided I wasn't going. And then, of course, at the last minute I decided to go to the party. I literally pulled up out front of the Party Store to find a costume at 5 p.m. on Halloween night. There was a line wrapped around the store. It was fucking insane. How could I even complain about people waiting until the last minute when I was one of those people who waited until the last minute? Duh!

Like the last Halloween store I went to, there was one bathroom in the place and it was converted into a dressing room. The line was about 4 deep in front of me and I had about 8 costumes in hand.

And, don't even get me started about the 19 year old overzealous kid that was monitoring the bathroom/dressing room. He literally took one costume out of the bag, handed it to you and then made you go in and try it on one by one. When you were finished with the first one, you had to put your clothes back on, open the door and give him back the first costume and then he would hand you the next costume. Let me be the first to tell you - this is not a time saving technique. My guess is that they have a lot of problems with theft, but this annoying routine made me want to steal that damn costume more and more. Luckily, I wasn't in the mood to go to jail that night.

The goal was to find a fairy or a geisha girl like the ones we voted for a few weeks ago. Unfortunately everything was picked over which was to be expected considering I waited until the very last minute.

Of course the other problem is that the costumes look NOTHING like the picture. I mean, once you get that wrinkled, plastic, cheap mess out of the package and put it on your 5 foot something imperfect body and you look nothing like the hot 6 foot model on the package - well - it's disappointing to say the least. Basically, I've come to the harsh realization that I can't wear anything with tulle in the skirt because it makes my legs look fat, I can't wear a skirt that's too too short because again, I hate my legs and my butt and I have cellulite. I can't wear light colored pants that are too tight because it emphasizes my ass. There are a lot of rules and regulations I have to adhere to when purchasing a costume, and most importantly, I knew I was only going to wear it once and I didn't want to spend a lot of money. I finally settled on a Sexy Samurai chick and of course, nobody even knew what I was supposed to be, because I was too cheap to buy the sword.


Hilary and I...



Anyway, the outfit served it's purpose. I went to the party, I didn't spend too much money and now I can throw it in the garbage if I want because I doubt I'll ever wear it again. The damn thing was so short that I literally felt like a hooker.

A ton of people showed up at DQ's house for the party. He has a nice house and it's good for having people over - but not too many people because it's not that big. There were definitely too many people there - they literally had to set a table up in the garage to play spades.

Here a few of the costumes...




Blake as a hockey player (I love the name Blake by the way) and his cute little girlfriend as the referee.



Sexy Nurse (personally, she thinks she's way too hot for my taste - I'm not a big fan) and Chris as a very bloody surgeon. Gross!




Nick as Hannibal Lecter




Phil as the Nekkid Cowboy




Parker and Melisa as Sexy Cop and Gypsy Chick



And then,of course, Drama Queen dressed up as a Beastie Boy - Not a far stretch huh??



And, my personal favorite - this is Charles dressed up as a girl - please - tell me he couldn't pass as a girl in the right lighting? Holy shit - he has legs that go on for days!!

Stay tuned to find out about Part II of my Halloween night - it gets significantly much more interesting.

To be continued...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

If that last dude hit the streets in that outfit he could probably make some serious cash. LOL

You look great in your costume! Very cool.

November 02, 2008

 
Blogger Lys said...

My god - the costumes are hilar. You could have carried a cleaver and said you were an Iron Chef...

November 03, 2008

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I totally thought that last one was a chick.. He has a career as a Tranny for sure.

Glad you had fun.

November 03, 2008

 
Blogger Tee aka The Diva's Thoughts said...

I love the costumes!!! Yours look so adorable!

November 03, 2008

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home