Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Poker Slam

There are a few hidden benefits I've been lucky enough to receive during my time as a blogger. Of course the ad revenue is AWESOME and was a very unexpected bene that I never even thought of when I started the blog - BUT my next favorite thing is when people ask me to test their products and give an honest review. I love free stuff and I will be brutally honest when telling my readers what I've thought of the products - no fibbing here.

Author Neal Gersony sent me his new book "Poker Slam" and I'd love to share with you my thoughts...



I love reading and I especially love stories. When I first started playing poker, like a lot of poker players I bought some books to try to improve my game. The thing that I realized was that I hate strategy books. I'm not a fan of "learning". ha ha It reminded me of being back in school and whenever I started to read I'd fall asleep - boring!!!!!

Luckily, Neal's book tells a story and a very interesting one at that! The layout and structure of the book is unexpected, the book held my interest, and I read it every night before I went to bed. It's a quick and easy read and it really stirred up some emotions for me. I would suggest this novel to anyone who enjoys reading. I wouldn't limit it just poker players either.

A true test of a book for me, is if I think about it during the day while at work or just driving home. And - I have to tell you that I did think about it during the day. I actually went to bed early a few nights just so that I could lay in bed with my book :)

So, head over to Barnes and Nobel to buy it online or head to store and purchase one this weekend. It's a great stocking stuffer and quite the bargain at $15.25.

They even offer it in audio form at the ITunes Store for those of you who don't like reading. I've never listened to a book on CD, but I imagine it would be great if you have a long commute or whatever. I sometimes try to read magazines when I'm sitting in traffic but as you can imagine that doesn't work out too well. I usually get a chorus of honking behind me as I hold up traffic.

Thank you Neal for sending me Poker Slam. You are a very talented author.

Head over to Neal's website to see what else Neal is up to.

3 Comments:

Blogger RockDog said...

Sounds like an interesting book!

Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving!

:D

November 26, 2008

 
Blogger Karen said...

I will check it out. I hate book of mp3 or take or whatever. I never get over the feeling that I am being read to or lectured.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

November 27, 2008

 
Blogger RickyResQ said...

Quote: "I love free stuff and I will be brutally honest when telling my readers what I've thought of the products - no fibbing here."

And you have yet to give a negative review on your free shit! Hrm...

November 30, 2008

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home