Thursday, November 06, 2008

Sold!

I don't know if I mentioned this, but my mom gave me her car. It's a Honda Accord, 4 door, automatic and in great condition. I love it!!

Yesterday while I was at work, my parents drove my car from their side of town all the way over to my house and gave roommate the keys. Then, a girl that I know was interested in buying my car, so her and her boyfriend came over and picked the car up and took it to a mechanic. I guess they found some stuff wrong with it so they decided not to buy it and I don't know why, but I sort of got pissed about it. I was practically giving the car away.

I looked it up in Kelly Blue Book and it was worth $2,900.00. I was selling it to her for $1,000.00 - Bargain right?

Anyway, I came home last night and put it on Craigslist around 9:30 p.m. for $2,000.00. I literally had 4 calls in the first ten minutes. People love Hondas and they really love cheap Hondas. A guy came over last night at 10 p.m. to test drive it. He wanted to buy it on the spot, but he only had a personal check and there was no way I was taking a check. I told him cash only. He said that his bank opens at 7:00 a.m. and that he'll be here this morning before I head off to work. He has 22 minutes because I'm leaving at 7:30. Anyway, I'm just feeling really confident about the car. Someone will definitely buy it for $2,000 even with the minor cosmetic and mechanical problems.

Now, I'm glad she didn't buy it. But, I can't help but still be a little annoyed with her. I told her exactly what was wrong with the car and her mechanic confirmed that I was 100 percent accurate. So, why even waste everyone's time if you know what's wrong with it and you aren't going to buy it? Her loss!

---------------------------

I kind of dropped the ball this season with Dancing with the Stars. I'm just not feeling it. I watched the first few episodes and now I just watch the clips on You Tube if I really get bored and I just follow the news stories. I'm glad Susan Lucci finally went home.

-------------------------------

Guess what?! He showed up at 7:10 a.m. this morning with cash and my car is now SOLD!! Yay! I know he's going to turn around and sell it for more and make a profit, but I don't care. I'm just glad I got a little bit of dough. woo hoo!

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Very cool. Everything happens for a reason, right? She didn't buy it so you could get double the price.

November 06, 2008

 
Blogger Jay said...

You're better off not selling to a friend anyway. If something bad and unexpected goes wrong with it right after they buy it there can be some bad feelings. Even if everyone was completely honest.

November 06, 2008

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home