Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday Riff Raff

My mom and dad came over for dinner last night. It was fun. Her and I went online and found some GREAT deals for round trip airfare to San Francisco. Literally, we are only paying like $120.00 for a round trip ticket. Not bad huh? I am psyched! I thought we'd end up driving to San Diego or something, but instead, we decided to fly to Frisco the day after Christmas for about 4 days. I've never ever been there and this is so exciting to me. I love going to new places.

I'm hoping to find a really cool hotel on the bay and within close proximity to wherever the action is. I'll be doing some research in the next few days and if anyone wants to help me out - I'd love to hear your suggestions.

This is so fucked up - I hate to even write about it. My parents got their boxes finally and of course a bunch of shit is missing. I know firsthand how it feels to have your shit stolen from you.

Deep down, I figured it was karma coming back to bite me in the ass because of all the shit I've done to people in the past. But, my parents on the other hands definitely don't deserve this. They've never stolen anything from anyone and it just sucks to see them being taken advantage of. All of my mom's jewelry is missing and I think they also stole a bunch of my dad's expensive baseball cards and a lot of other football and baseball memorabilia that he had collected over the years. They are calling the moving company first thing today and hopefully it's just a big mix up, but I dunno. I guess I'll just cross my fingers for them.

It's Tuesday and that means I'll be bowling tonight. This winter league is VERY long. I knew it was going to be. We have off for like 3 weeks in December though so that'll be a nice break. December is going to be the best month ever. I'm going to have so much free time to just hangout and relax and do absolutely nothing! yay!

Bloggers - who's coming to Vegas in December for the big ass blogger shindig? Let me know!

7 Comments:

Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

Congrats on the cheap seats, sorry about the missing stuff. One of my friends lost EVERYTHING in a move. It is hard to trust anyone anymore.

November 11, 2008

 
Blogger HighOnPoker said...

I stayed at the Hotel Monaco in SF. It was a very nice, boutique hotel. I highly recommend it. The price was reasonable, the accomodations were nice and the location is very central and a block away from the major shopping areas.

I'll also be in Vegas in December. See you soon.

November 11, 2008

 
Blogger Leslie said...

Carmen,

I used to be a travel agent and I went to SFO like 3 times as a tourist. email me at lappleby@intlcoal.com and I'll give you a bunch of touristy ideas.

November 11, 2008

 
Blogger Tee aka The Diva's Thoughts said...

I am so hoping that your parents stuff turn up. It sucks when people take other folks things.

November 11, 2008

 
Blogger PinkPiddyPaws said...

Oh my gosh!!! You have to let us know how it goes with the movers. That is SERIOUSLY fucked up!!!!!! (granted, I'm shocked your Mom would ship her jewelry!)

November 11, 2008

 
Blogger Jay said...

San Francisco is a kick-ass city!

Way back in the late 90s my sister and brother in law got some stuff stolen from them when they moved to Florida. I think my brother in law still has the manuals for the VCR and other electronics that got stolen. He has trouble letting things go. LOL ;-)

November 11, 2008

 
Blogger pokerpeaker said...

I"ll be there! :)

November 12, 2008

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home