Thursday, December 04, 2008

Bah Humbug

Deep Down I know the right thing to do and quite honestly, it's the easiest thing to do. It would take a lot more work for me to drag things out and lead him on. Hopefully we can salvage the frienship this way too because he really is a nice guy.

Yesterday was one of our guy's 40th birthday and his wife really went out of her way to ensure he had a special day. She brought in all of these decorations - fireman themed and they decorated his office. She had two custom cakes made with a fireman theme and had them delivered and then she also got him a singing telegram. Holy shit - this guy was hysterical. He was dressed up in like fireman boxer shorts and he had the red fireman hat and the yellow trench coat that firemen wear. He was really funny and he put on a nice show. I laughed my ass off. I had never seen an actual singing telegram before. Quite the spectacle.

Roommate came back last night and thus my ten days of having the house to myself has now come to an end. Sad Sad. Although, I did sleep well last night just knowing that I wasn't in the house alone.

I am supposed to go to my sponsor's house on Sunday morning for a Christmas thing. I'm totally not feeling it. I don't really want to go. I have to go buy a gift, pick up bagels and we have to be there at 10 a.m. Why so freakin early? Well, because one of the girls has to work so she wants to do it early. I'm highly considering backing out. Bah Humbug.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tee aka The Diva's Thoughts said...

Damn! 10 am!! On a weekened? Is there such a thing?

December 04, 2008

 
Blogger Mr. Poopie said...

Whenever I feel forced to go somewhere I take donuts. Lots and lots of dounuts. That'll show 'em. Bah humbug indeed.

December 04, 2008

 
Blogger PinkPiddyPaws said...

God it would have only been better if the guy had been strip-o-gram. Yes, a guy stripping for a guy! What? It's funny!!!!

Good luck with the "love life". I know it's rough.

December 04, 2008

 
Blogger KenP said...

Do what feels right.

I wouldn't be surprised if the thing that got you to this point didn't all start with you being uncomfortable, maybe a bit mad, and feeling like you aren't fitting in. Be true to yourself this time out. Your group isn't the place to build yourself into a corner.

December 04, 2008

 
Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

You can actually order singing telegrams? That is funny.

December 04, 2008

 
Blogger Jay said...

10 AM on a Sunday is just uncalled for.

December 04, 2008

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home