Monday, December 15, 2008

Chili Spill

Well, another blogger weekend has come and gone. I didn't hang out quite as much as I have in past years and for the first time ever, I didn't snap any pictures. I'm usually the picture queen and I take tons of pictures at every event. But, this year I didn't attend the Friday night mixed games at the MGM. Saturday I went to the Venetian to play in the tournament and the supervisors in the Venetian poker room were adament about no photos being taken. I heard them make the announcement several times and I even heard the manager say he was going to start confiscating cameras, so I figured I'd give it a rest. I saw FlipChip taking pictures so I'm sure he did a great job of covering the event.

Thanks to Falstaff for putting together the event. As usual there was a great turnout and the tournament structure was great. We started with $10,000 in chips and there were 30 minute blind levels. Beautiful!

I don't know why I didn't hang out longer with everyone. Maybe in part it was because I wasn't drinking like in past years. I mean, most of the bloggers come to Vegas to drink and let loose and that's what I would have done in the past too. But, since I wasn't drinking and I really didn't want to spend my whole paycheck on gambling, what else is there to really do? I'll tell ya, the couch was calling my name and I just gave in and went home and watched T.V. It was good times.

I tell ya, I'm getting really really lame in my old age. I just don't have it in me anymore. I'm just happer spending my days off relaxing and doing nothing. I'm happy with doing nothing. I don't even get bored anymore when I'm doing nothing. hehe Nothing = good.

I went to my parent's house on Sunday and my mom made her world famous chili. Okay, maybe it's not world famous but it's damn good. I love it. She made a whole bunch extra and I brought it home and put it in the freezer. I'll probably eat chili for dinner this whole week.

Not very funny story - but on the way home the chili spilled in my car and it got all over the carpet. It was dark so I didn't notice at first and I was thinking "damn, those containers must not be sealed very tight because the chili smells so strong" and then finally I realized it was all over the carpet and that's why I could smell it so much. I came home and cleaned it out, but today when I was driving to work I realized how much damage was done. The carpet is all stained and it looks like crap.
Oh well. I might just have to buy some new floormats.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Oh that would suck! Driving around smelling chili? I'd get hungry every time I drove anywhere. LOL

December 15, 2008

 
Blogger PinkPiddyPaws said...

yikes!!! chili in the car...that's gonna be a smell-o-rama when the summer months hit and your car gets over 120 degrees in the summer!!! FUN!!

December 15, 2008

 
Blogger RockDog said...

My mom once busted a bottle of milk in our car when I was a kid. She cleaned it like crazy, but ti still smelled like vomit as soon as it got warm! Chili is a little better. LOL!

Have a kick ass time chillin'! Sometimes you need to do nothing!

Rock ON!

December 15, 2008

 
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Hmmm now I'm craving chilli.

December 16, 2008

 
Blogger Tee aka The Diva's Thoughts said...

I am so with you on the preferring to relax on you off days. I LOVE just chilling in the house and watching TV and eating all day.

Must be my old age. LOL

December 16, 2008

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home