Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Early Present

Okay, so at the urging of my best girl from back home in Maryland (you know who you are Lori), I am making an effort to blog at night instead of in the morning.

Anyway, it helped that I actually had something to blog about tonight.

I just got home from the Red Rock theaters where I saw the movie Four Christmases with "bowling guy". We are off from bowling for three weeks, so he asked me to go to the movies tonight and I thought "what the hell?" Why not? It's just a movie, I'll still be in bed by 10 and I could use a little comedy in my life. The flick was cute. I love anything with Reese Witherspoon in it.

Did I ever tell you guys that I named my kitten after Reese? Yes, I really did. I got this kitten, she was black and I think I was watching Legally Blonde at the time. The thought process went a little like this....

"hmm - she's a black kitty, I love Reese's peanut butter cups, chocolate is brown which is close in color to black, Reese is my favorite actress, hmmm - chocolate, Reese, peanut butter cup, Legally Blonde - I think I'll name her Reese".

And Reese was her name.

She was the coolest cat ever. I'm not kidding, when she heard me turn the water on in the kitchen, she would come bounding across the floor, jump up on the counter and hop into the sink right under the stream of water and she'd just get wet. She loved the water! How many cats do you know that loved the water? I ended up giving her to this girl when I moved to Ohio to live with the guy who beat me, spit on me and let his dog bite me. Yeah, good times. I wonder if she's still alive. I wish I could have her back. I'm thinking Lucy wouldn't go for a cat in the house though. She HATES cats.

Anyway, that was totally off the topic.

Back to "bowling guy". He brought me and early Christmas present. Boy did my eyes light up when he took the small blue Tiffany box out of his coat pocket. Tiffany? Really? For me? Ahhhhhh - how exciting!!




This is what he gave me...



I've never had anyone buy me anything from Tiffany. I love it though. It's a really pretty necklace and it's like the traditional Tiffany necklace that I'm sure half of the women in the United States have. It's a classic.

Anyway, I know I said that I wasn't really feeling him. But, I decided that I should give him another chance because what do I really have to lose? He treats me so well and we do have a nice time together. And, lets me honest, I'm not getting any younger. So, we'll see.

Happy Hump Day!!

6 Comments:

Blogger llmakowski said...

Loved coming into work and being able to read your blog first thing! You're the best :)

December 17, 2008

 
Blogger .Nicotine.Queen. said...

Ummmmmm- green with envy over here. I want the Return to necklace. . . . sigh.

December 17, 2008

 
Blogger Tee aka The Diva's Thoughts said...

That's a really pretty necklace. Very pretty!

December 17, 2008

 
Blogger Karen said...

Carmen! You basically just told the whole internet that you are giving this guy a chance because he bought you Tiffanys. LOL.

I would probably do the same thing, but I would never admit it! LOL. That is why I love you. You just put stuff out there - for better or worse.

And I do love the necklace. :)

December 17, 2008

 
Blogger Brothers Blog said...

man who doesn't love gifts? Especially early christmas gifts. I think every woman does have those but you didn't so that's even more special. Seems like a good guy.

December 17, 2008

 
Blogger Vegas Linda Lou said...

Oh, Carmen, if you're really not feeling it for him, a necklace ultimately isn't going to create any chemistry. I had a boyfriend a few years ago who gave me the most amazing presents, but after a while he drove me nuts because I knew I just wasn't feeling it. This is probably what's going to happen with you and bowling guy.

Everyone deserves a chance, but you know in your heart whether or not you're into someone, and if you're not, it's such a pain in the fucking ass to get rid of him. When I finally broke up with amazing present guy, he cried in the Pancake House in Green Valley Ranch. Not pretty.

P.S. We work right near each other!

December 18, 2008

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home