Friday, December 05, 2008

Scary

Well, Happy Friday to everyone!! I just love Fridays. The only thing that would make today better is if it was Payday and if it was like a 4 day weekend. But, I'll make do with what I have.

"Bowling Guy" texted me last night and was like "go to Coach.com and pick out a purse". He also said they were going to Jet at the Mirage last night and they had a table and stuff and he was bugging me to go. Um - hello? No more clubs for me and definitely not on a week night. I need my sleep! Jesus. I told him there was no way that I was going out and that I didn't feel comfortable with him buying me such an expensive gift. He proceeded to ignore the gift part and asked me to go to the movies tonight (Friday night). I ignored him and went to bed.

God, every other article on Perez's website yesterday was about people getting laid off. Some of the big ones were...

AT&T - 12,000 jobs cut
MTV/Nickelodian/VH1/CMT - 850 people laid off
Credit Suisse - 5,000 jobs slashed
NBC/Universal - laid off 500 employees

This is scary people!!

Fingers crossed over here that things turn around SOON!

4 Comments:

Blogger Tee aka The Diva's Thoughts said...

Things are quite scary these days with this economy the way it is.

People keep losing their jobs and it is really unsettling.

December 05, 2008

 
Blogger Jay said...

More than 500,000 jobs were lost in the month of November alone. It's really bad and it isn't getting any better anytime soon.

Boy, that was a depressing comment, huh? ;-)

December 05, 2008

 
Blogger Linda Lou said...

It is scary. I feel like an asshole for being so pissed that I have to sit in a cubicle all day--at least I have a cubicle to sit in.

December 05, 2008

 
Blogger Wreggie said...

I even like Thursdays just thinking about Friday.

December 07, 2008

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home