Monday, March 23, 2009

Dopes on Slopes

I'm back from Utah. As always, Dopes on Slopes was a blast. I rode up to Brianhead with my friend Shelly. The altitude kicked my ass like it always does. I was so out of breath just from walking up one flight of stairs. Carrying suitcases into the condo is always a real challenge because we are up so high on the mountain.

Friday night we had a great meeting at the clubhouse. It was a candlelight meeting and the room was super cozy and intimate, therefor we were all sitting very close to each other. I liked it. Normally I wouldn't like being in such a small room where people are practically sitting on each other's lap, but for some reason, I don't mind it when we are up in the mountains.

There were 10 people that drove in from California, 5 people from Florida and 4 people from Fargo, North Dakota. It's amazing how far people are willing to travel! I met this girl Sabrina and she came all the way from Fort Lauderdale. She was supposed to come with a friend, but he ended up relapsing, so he stayed in Florida because he was using. So, she came alone. She didn't know a single person and that didn't stop her. That's pretty brave right? She flew from Florida to Vegas, rented a car, and drove to Brianhead all by herself. She ended up sharing a condo with me.

Me and Sabrina...



Group Shot...



When the Friday night meeting was over, I stayed in the clubhouse and played in a Texas Hold Em Tournament with the boys. I was totally in my element - it was me and 8 boys. Can't get better odds than that right?

This is me and two of poker playing buddies...




I took third place, so I got my buy-in back. That made me happy.


Me and Max...



Jeremy and Doug...




Phil, Rene and Jordan...



I'm heading to the gym - I'll post later. More pictures and stories to come.

5 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Glad you had a good time! And I think we can all take a lesson from Sabrina. I let being alone stop me from doing too many fun things.

March 23, 2009

 
Blogger RockDog said...

Looks like a good time! Hellooooooooooo Sabrina! :P

March 23, 2009

 
Blogger Tasha said...

Um okay...can I just say that in that first picture I LOVE the boobs and the Bebe shirt? Looks like SO much fun! Hot lady!

March 23, 2009

 
Blogger FleaStiff said...

Dopes on Slopes???
Former druggies who ski??
I thought the group picture would be far larger, but I'm glad you all had a good time.

March 24, 2009

 
Blogger Terri said...

looks like fun and no reports of broken bones - sweet!!

March 24, 2009

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home