Sunday, March 15, 2009

Feels Weird

So, I'm still at my parent's house. It's a good thing. My mom is sort of making me get out of the house more and although I fight it a little bit, I know it's what I need. I've been going to the gym with her in the mornings and I've been hitting more meetings and tonight we are going to Famous Dave's for dinner - which is yummy! I love that place.

I'm just taking baby steps trying to get things in order. I bounced a check or two last week so I am taking care of that financial stuff tomorrow. I finally updated my resume and went online yesterday and applied for like 20 jobs and that was a good feeling. I'll feel even better if any of those applications turn into an interview. I think I do really well when it comes to interviews, so I'm just crossing my fingers hoping to get to the interview stage.

I went and got my fake acrylic nails off yesterday and I got a manicure on my real nails. It feels so weird to not have my nails on, but I'm typing a lot faster. I haven't had my real nails in a LONG TIME. I like the acrylic ones, but they are a pain in the ass to keep up, especially if you don't have a job.

I'm super excited to watch Big Love tonight. There are only 2 episodes left and it's getting so good. I love the show.

Next weekend I'm going to Brianhead, Utah for my annual ski trip with my N.A. friends. I'm riding up there with my friend Shelly, it should be a really good time. I am looking forward to it. Although, I'm a little nervous - I dunno why. I always get that way when I go away. I always have a good time though so I think it'll be fine. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

You are so smart to get your nails off professionally. I did it myself a few times and it was a disaster to my real nails.

I actually type faster with the wraps for some reason. LOL

Good luck with the job search!!

March 15, 2009

 
Blogger Jay said...

It's easy to just hole up at home after getting laid off. I'm glad you're parents are there to get you out of the house and keep you moving along.

March 15, 2009

 
Blogger Brad said...

Been reading for ages but first comment :)

It's good to see you getting to shipping your resume around and looking to get back to the workforce.

You've sounded down a bit since being let go so it's great to see you seeming excited about getting back into it....hope you get quite a few interviews from it :D

March 15, 2009

 
Blogger Rake said...

Ease into your life. No need to rush.

March 16, 2009

 
Blogger Steve H. said...

Hi there,

Great blog, I've linked you up - hope you'll do the same for me.

Can you become a follower of mine as I'm looking to get over 100 by the end of the year.

Many thanks and good luck at the felt, I'm hoping to get out there for the world series later this year x

March 17, 2009

 
Blogger Tee aka The Diva's Thoughts said...

Girly, I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed that you will get some interviews. Good luck!!!

March 17, 2009

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home