Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Season 8 - Week One of Dancing with the Stars

Lil Kim (Rapper) and Derek Hough...



Lil Kim started the show off with an awkward cha cha cha. I expected more from her - she was stiff and awkward, but I'll chalk it up to first night jitters and we'll see what happens next week. She has potential because I think she's got some rythm underneath the nerves.

Belinda Carlisle (80's Pop Sensation) and Jonathan Roberts...



I didn't expect much from Belinda and she performed an okay waltz. It was sufficient for the first night, it was pretty elegant, nothing stood out, but it will be interesting to see how she does in the latin numbers. I don't expect her to go too far in this competition.


Chuck Wicks (Singer) and Julianne Hough...



These two are a couple and they are good looking. They performed the waltz and I saw a lot of chemistry. He was elegant, he had some amazing lines and it was a nice dance - I can't wait to see what they do next week.


Gilles (Sex and the City Movie) and Cheryl Burke...



Wow! Cheryl Burke is probably thrilled with her luck. They hooked up her up with a hottie and he's got the moves! The crowd loved him. They did a very hot and sexy cha cha cha - there was a lot of chemistry and they are going to make it far! He's definitely one of my favorites.


Steve O (Jackass) and Lacy Schwimmer...



I love these two. I think they paired the perfect person (Lacy) with Steve - they are both kind of crazy and always pushing the boundaries. They did a beautiful waltz. Who would have thought that Steve O would be so graceful and pleasant to watch? I was shocked. I'm looking forward to seeing more from this couple.


Laurence Taylor (Football Star) and Edyta (The Body)...



These two did a very enjoyable cha cha cha. I dunno why, but athletes tend to do so well in this competition and I can see these two going far. I liked watching him. He was cute, he has a lot of rythm and I think they will definitely step things up next week.


Steve Wozniak (Co-Founder of Apple) and Karina Smirnoff...




Poor Steve. He sucks. He went out there and tried really hard and did a fun routine, but there is definitely NO natural ability in his body and he probably won't be on the show very long. Side note - Karina looks pissed the whole time she is dancing with him - I think it's hysterical - she never wins - she seems like a total bitch anyway.

Shawn Johnson (Olympic Gymnast) and Mark Ballas...



I love Shawn Johnson. I'm a former gymnast and I still love to watch gymnastics on T.V. Shawn has tons of natural ability, she performed and AMAZING waltz - it was beautiful and elegant and moving. She's a powerhouse and she is definitely going to do well - I'm looking for her to be in finals for sure.

Ty Murray (Cowboy) and Chelsea...



Ty did a pretty awkward cha cha cha. You can tell that he's uncomfortable on the dance floor. He was supposed to be dancing against his wife Jewell, but she ended up dropping out of the show due to injuries. I don't think Ty will make it very far - he's cute, but he's awkward.

Holly Madison (Girls Next Door) and Dmitry...




Holly is replacing Jewell and she only had like a week to learn the routine and bust out the cha cha cha. She was just so so. I don't think she has a lot of rythm. Sure, she's got the beautiful body and a great look, but her dancing leaves a lot to be desired. I was almost uncomfortable for her. We'll see how she does next week, but I don't expect to her to last.

Melissa Bankroft (From the Bachelor and as a replacement for Nancy O'Dell) and Tony...



Melissa only had 48 hours to learn the routine! She was a last minute replacement for Nancy O' Dell. She did an AMAZING waltz. You can tell that she has a lot of dance training in her past, plus she was a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader I think. I love her! I like watching her. She's an asset to the show and I hope she sticks around.


Denise Richards (Former Bond Girl)and Maksim (The Bad Boy)...



Denise sucks. I knew she would. Her and Holly are both equally beautiful, but awkward and uncomfortable on the dance floor. I wasn't expecting much from her and I wasn't given much.

David Alan Grier (Comedian) and Kym Johnson...



I love DAG. He's a really funny comedian - he's always on the Adam Corolla show and I thought he was fun to watch. He did a pretty nice waltz. I was surprised how elegant he was and how much I enjoyed watching him. It will be interesting to see what he does next week.

So far I am really impressed with this season of Dancing with the Stars. I can't wait to see how it plays out. There's a lot of talent in the pool.

8 Comments:

Blogger LB said...

Yay!!! Thanks for doing the recap!

March 10, 2009

 
Blogger Jay said...

I think athletes do well on this show because they are very good at practicing and following instructions.

And holy cow Melissa Bankroft is freaking GORGEOUS!! I think I like her a lot!

March 10, 2009

 
Blogger Karen said...

I loved Holly. I think she will do better than we expect once she has some time practice.

March 10, 2009

 
Blogger Vegas Linda Lou said...

Carmen, I sincerely hope I see your commentary on the red carpet some day--you'd be perfect!

March 10, 2009

 
Blogger Hurricane Mikey said...

Why do all chicks hate Denise Richards? (And Jennifer Love Hewitt, too)?

March 10, 2009

 
Blogger KriMonster said...

Steve-O on Dancing with the Stars? Are you kidding me?!? I love the run-down that you gave, but Steve-O? I guess this is why I don't watch much TV.

March 12, 2009

 
Blogger Tee aka The Diva's Thoughts said...

I actually think Lil Kim did a fantastic job. She surprised me.

March 12, 2009

 
Blogger Lys said...

Hmmm.. I didn't want to watch this season - like last season, I just am not a fan of the *character [most gals] despise* Denise Richards. I voted for Apple guy out of sympathy, I was showing support for Belinda Carlisle and also voted for Holly and Melissa. I did NOT vote for Denise Richards and, truth be told, I gave her a chance but after those court documents and stuff she said under oath, I tend to think she has the capability to be bat **** crazy. Just my opinion.

March 16, 2009

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home