Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Update

I signed up for the mookie and I'm just waiting for 7 p.m. to strike the clock so I can start playing. In the meantime, I thought I'd give you a little Carmen in the Sin City update.

In the past few days, I updated my resume and cover letter and I started applying for lots and lots of jobs. I probably applied for about 40 jobs in my field of expertise in the past few days and I'm just crossing my fingers hoping to get some phonecalls. So far, only one person has responded and that company didn't offer any benefits at all. No health insurance or anything and the base salary was like $6.00 less an hour than what I was making at my last job. Fuck that. I know I might not get quite as much as I got at my last place, but I'm not settling for a job with NO benefits and a really low salary. Not yet anyway. I'm not that desperate yet. I'll just keep hunting away.

Oh yeah, and then earlier today I got a response from someone asking me to send my resume and a photo. I was like "what the hell?" A photo? It's not a modeling job or an acting gig - it's an administrative assistant position. Sheesh! Can you believe they actually asked me to send a picture? Isn't that weird?? I guess they figure they might as well weed out the ugly ones right away. No need to waste anyone's time right? I'll try not to take it personally if I don't hear from them since I sent the picture.

I'm finally feeling something I haven't felt in a long time. I was feeling a lot of desperation and depression and misery and now I can finally see the clouds are clearing, the fog is lifting and I actually feel some hope. Thank god thank god thank god. I honestly felt like I was never going to get out of the deep depression that I was in and now I feel like everything is going to be okay. It's a damn good feeling and I am so happy to be coming out on the other side. I heard someone the other day say that if you didn't go through bad times, you would never appreciate the good times and that made a lot of sense to me. I am going to try to enjoy the good feeling as long as I can because I know that a bad feeling could be right around the corner. Hopefully not though. I'm hoping the worst is over and that my life can only get better from here.


My parents and I went over to Don's house for dinner earlier tonight. Technically, it's my house too, but I haven't stayed there in like two weeks. I packed up a few things today and next week I'll pack up EVERYTHING and I'll be moving in with my friend David. I know I've gone back and forth with this "where I'm living" thing for a while, but I finally decided that I'm going to definitely move in with David. He has a nice 3 bedroom house in Henderson. It's drama free, it's clean and I'm a dog lover and he has two great dogs, so I'm looking forward to it. My parents are probably looking forward to me moving out too. I've gotten mighty comfortable here in their place and I can only imagine that they are ready to have their house back. We've all been getting along really well since I've been here so that's a good thing.

Best of all, I'm heading to Brianhead, Utah this weekend for my annual Dopes on Slopes ski trip. I'm super psyched. Good times ahead.

7 Comments:

Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better about life. Hopefully, those positive thoughts will bring about great changes.

March 18, 2009

 
Blogger Terri said...

glad to hear things are looking up for you! How you feel every day is a decision, sometimes its tough but when you step back you still have your friends, your family, your health and the love of one (three now?) dogs!! :o)

March 19, 2009

 
Blogger Tee aka The Diva's Thoughts said...

I am so glad you are feeling better about things. Better times is definitely ahead for you.

March 19, 2009

 
Blogger Jazzy Cazy said...

Good to hear you're getting back on the write track girl. You don't need that lousy job with no benefits - best to wait for something worthwhile getting up for.

Best of luck with the house move!

March 19, 2009

 
Blogger Johanna said...

I'm glad to see you blogging again. Good luck on the job search.

March 19, 2009

 
Blogger RockDog said...

Are you sure that the response asking for a photo wasn't one of my comments??? Picture please. LOL

Have a kick ass weekend!

March 20, 2009

 
Blogger Rake said...

I saw you at the mookie - but it wouldn't let me type you a hello in the chat box since I was on another table.


See you next wednesday in the mookie I hope.

March 20, 2009

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home