Thursday, February 18, 2010

Another Day

So, yesterday was a crazy day. My parents were coming over for dinner at 6:30 p.m. We had to get the filet mignon's and garlic mash and salad which wouldn't have been a big deal, but Gary had to work during the day and I was riding with him. We got a late start, traffic was crazy and things just didn't go quite as planned. I was thinking we weren't going to make it home in time to cook dinner, but I was wrong. Everything turned out great thankfully.

I think I dropped Gary off at 6 p.m. I ran to the store to get some bacon bits and some more salad dressing. When I got home he was almost done cooking and my parents were pulling up. Perfect timing. Dinner was excellent. I love the way he makes steaks. The only snag we encountered was the lack of dessert.

Why didn't we have dessert you ask?? Well, my friend Sari was supposed to come over and she was bringing cheesecake. I texted her earlier in the day to confirm that she was coming by and she said she definitely was. So, dinner comes and goes. No Sari. I texted her to see if she needed directions and she never responded. After dinner we hung out at the house for a while and then we remembered that the Cannery gives ten dollars in free slot play to the first 1000 people on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays. So we all headed to the Cannery and we were too late unfortunately. We didn't get the free slot play.

A few hours later we were playing on the machines and I get a text from Sari. She claims she had a seizure and that she was still in the hospital. I dunno if it's the truth or not. I've never known her to have seizures in the past, but whatever. My dad and Gary were both looking forward to meeting her, but it just didn't happen.

On the way home, they had Interstate 15 shut down for about 10 minutes. They were running power lines across the highway. Weird. I thought, for a minute, that were heading into a sobriety checkpoint. I wasn't too concerned because I wasn't driving, plus we were both sober.

Today was another crazy day. We did a lot of running around and things didn't go quite as planned. I hate that. When things don't go the way I want them to go, I really struggle. I sometimes throw temper tantrums, I sometimes pout, I sometimes yell and every once in a while I go with the flow. Going with the flow is obviously the best alternative, I just have a hard time doing it.

Tomorrow promises to be a better day.

2 Comments:

Blogger FleaStiff said...

>but Gary had to work during the day
Wow! A boyfriend with a job. How impressive.

February 19, 2010

 
Blogger 健康保寶 said...

Drive carefully. It is not only cars that can be recalled by their Maker.............................................

February 21, 2010

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home