Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Really??

So, Gary and I went out to eat with my parents Sunday night (Valentine's Day). We decided to meet them over at TGI Fridays at the Orleans. If I would have thought about it, I would have realized that the Goldcoast has a Fridays and I like the Goldcoast a lot better than the Orleans. I hate that place. It's annoying. A while back, the bloggers had our yearly poker tourney at the Orleans and they treated us like crap. I vowed to never play there again and I meant it. But, unfortunately, I went against my own advice and played there once again. As we were walking into the place I said to Gary "I hate this place, I never win here". I was right. Gary and I both lost our asses off. At the very end I managed to pull off a 6 out of 6 win on Cleopatra Keno which put us back to even again and that was a really good thing. We promptly left that place and went over to Arizona Charlie's instead. Charlie's is right across the street from our house and I find that the machines are pretty easy to win on. Not always, but a lot better than the Orleans.

While we were out to dinner, Gary busts out with a cool invitation to my parents for Wednesday night. He's like "What are you guys doing Wednesday night? We'd like to have you guys over for dinner. I'm cooking". This wasn't a planned thing. We hadn't discussed it at all. Part of me was like "what the hell are you doing?" and the other part of me was really impressed t hat he came up with this all by himself. He's always surprising me.

Our friend that we took to rehab last week is back home. We got the call last night that she was on a bus on her way home. Apparently rehab wasn't all it's cracked up to be. ha ha That's a joke. Rehab is never fun. She knew that. But, once she got up there she realized that she missed her friends a lot. They wouldn't let her make any phone calls for something like 20 days. That's kind of ridiculous. When I went to rehab I was allowed to make short 5 minute phone calls the very first week. Looking back, my rehab place was pretty cool. I even managed to have some fun while I was there. Of course, they told me that I wasn't taking things seriously and that I was going to die when I left there. They weren't lying. I almost did a few times. But, here I am to tell the story today.

Well, this house isn't going to clean itself. Since the rents are coming over for dinner tomorrow, I have a lot of work to do.

Happy Tuesday!

6 Comments:

Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

Rehab, I guess, can feel a little like jail if you can't have contact with your outside support network. That's kind of lame, but dangerous to leave anyhow.
20 days just won't cut it- will she go into another one, with at least 1 phone call a day allowed?

As for the Goldcoast vs. Orleans- when I lived in Vegas, I'd go to the Goldcoast at least once a week to sit in the lounge and listen to the singers while I chain smoked. I dislike the Orleans because their decor and service staff were done up a little trashy.

February 16, 2010

 
Blogger FleaStiff said...

>As we were walking into the place
>I hate this place I never win here
You had made your decision.
Not courteous to be such a downer on the way in.
>He's always surprising me.
Its nice to be spontaneous but its also courteous to consult with one's companion first.
>Cleopatra Keno
Its a ten percent house edge!
Are you making good decisions in life when you risk your money at a ten percent house edge? Roulette is 5.26 percent, Craps 1.414 percent. Cleopatra Keno is 10 percent house edge.
>bus on her way home.
Atleast you didn't have to drive there again. Search her for drugs when she gets back home.

February 17, 2010

 
Blogger Josie said...

Carmen,

Are you watching survivor heroes vs villians? It's so good!!!

Glad to hear you have friends/support around you - I just hope everyone's able to stay clean and not be a bad influence on you.

February 17, 2010

 
Blogger Tee aka The Diva's Thoughts said...

Gary seems like a keeper girlie. I like him.

February 17, 2010

 
Blogger par88 said...

I had breakfast at the TGIF at Gold Coast last time I was in LV. Not that good.... in fact really blah. Maybe their dinners are better.

February 17, 2010

 
Blogger LB said...

Carmen!!!!! I'm so glad to see you are back! I was worried about you. Im wishing you all the best and hope that you keep blogging. You were missed!

February 17, 2010

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home