Thursday, May 27, 2010

Free Room and Board

I didn't feel like leaving the house tonight when 8 thirty rolled around, but I told my sponsor that I'd have my first step work done by today and so I had to follow through or else she would accuse me of procrastinating, which we all khow is a huge problem of mine. So, since I'm trying to do something different, I got my butt up off the couch and went to a 9 p.m. meeting and then we went over step one. All done. Just in time for me to celebrate three months clean. Not today or tomrorow, but in the next week - woo hoo!

So, when I got to meeting, I saw my friend that got arrested that night in my car. He is just now getting out of jail. He was in there for almost a month!! He said they were all traffic tickets. Not like speeding, but tickets for not having insurance and driving on suspended tags and stuff like that. When he got arrested, he owed more than 10 thousand dollars to the state of Nevada. No wonder the guy doesn't drive.

All that is behind him though. Somehow, by spending 30 days in jail broken up in between North Las Vegas jail and Clark County Jail, he was able to "pay off" those fines. It was something like 300 dollars a day.

So, there ya have it... If you come to Las Vegas and get a jay walking ticket and can't pay your fine, then you just have to spend a half day in jail and your set.

The more ya know!

Oh yeah and check this out... they pulled his teeth while he was there. He didn't want to go to the dentist, but his teeth are like all rotten or something. I dunno. But, he's been wanting to get dentures, so over the past few months he's been trying to pull them out himself (I just found this out tonight by the way). So, in jail, he told them they were hurting and they said the only thing they could do was pull them out and he said "yeah, that's what I want". So, thanks to me, he got free dental work and free room and board for a month. And here I was feeling bad about being the one to send him to jail.

So, I'm about to finish off this orange cream amazingly delicious ice cream and then I'm going to finish making my dad's business cards. He's doing freelance work in the neighborhood and he's booking jobs left and right!! It's pretty cool. So, I'm going to hook him up with some pink and purple rainbow cards. hehe Oh yeah right. I tried that already and he wasn't going for it. I have to settle for like black print and maybe a very manly looking border.

Goodnight and happy Friday!

4 Comments:

Blogger FleaStiff said...

Entertaining story but I would prefer that you get such people totally and completely out of your life!

May 28, 2010

 
Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

I would prefer to not be an addict, to never have to work and to meet the man of my dreams tomorrow, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards fo rme.

Okay, Flea and I have our wish lists made out - who's next?

May 30, 2010

 
Blogger FleaStiff said...

>prefer to not be an addict...
The best way to "not be one thing" is to be too busy being ten other things. So what is your list of ten activities? Poker? Video Poker? Video Keno? Bowling? Dealer School? Blogging?

May 31, 2010

 
Blogger Mary said...

Hello, How do I get in touch with you? There is no email or contact info listed .. please advise .. thanks .. Mary. Please contact me maryregency at gmail dot com

May 24, 2012

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home