Thursday, May 06, 2010

Fresh Start

So, I'm going to make this quick because I'm about to run our the door, but today is Thursday and my parents are heading out of town in like two days. I talked to my boy in L.A. last night (Chris) and he says he's still on board to come stay with me for a few days.

Here's the situation with Chris...

We were VERY good friends back in Maryland. We spent tons of time together, I trusted him with my deepest and darkest secrets and he never fucked me over. He's a true blue friend and I would even venture to say he's the one that got away. I probably would have married him back in Maryland, but we both went out separate ways.

Through all of these years our lives have mirrored each others...

Like, when he lived in maryland, he was on a pro bowling tour or some sort. He's bowled more than a handful of 300 games and if I look him up online I can still find his name in the records books.

Then, a few years later, I started bowling. Not a huge big deal. But, I also got into the poker scene pretty big. Now, I found out he's playing in all the big tourneys out in L.A.

When I looked him up a few years ago, I found out he was in Florida. I was also living in Florida. We were less than 30 miles from each other. We were both freinds with Bill and when he died, we were both in Rehab. He was in Rehab in Florida and I was in Rehab in Maryland.

Then, I moved to Vegas and I found out that he too was living on the west coast, in Cali and his mom lives here in Vegas!

Coincidence? I dunno.

We'll see what happens when we are hanging out together, both of us clean, both of us in N.A. We've never spent any time together completely sober. So, it'll be interesting.

I'm just happy to be moving on. Even if things don't work out with Chris, I'm so completely done with old baggage that's been weighing me down and I'm ready for a fresh start.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Maybe not a coincidence.... People come back into our lives for reasons, this could be a good one for you if you're as compatible sober as you were when you were messed up. Good luck :)

May 06, 2010

 
Blogger Tee aka The Diva's Thoughts said...

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you guys.

May 06, 2010

 
Blogger FleaStiff said...

Why not give this a try: when you meet, make it in a place that neither serves alcohol nor allows smoking.

May 07, 2010

 
Blogger llmakowski said...

Do I know him at all?

May 07, 2010

 
Blogger Brandy said...

Hey Carm,

Is this Chris B. from DS?

I'm trying to play catch up on your posts ;-)

May 07, 2010

 
Blogger Lilly said...

Coincidence or fate. Who knows but I wish you all the best. At least you will always be friends anythign else will be icing on the cake. The great thing is he knows you, the real you so you can just be yourself. Have fun and enjoy.

May 09, 2010

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home