Thursday, May 20, 2010

Old School Thinking

Did you ever know someone that just didn't have a filter? Or, have you had the opportunity to spend time with someone that just totally made you cringe with the things they said and did??

Brutal!

I was hanging out with someone recently that just didn't know how to SHUT it. The guy was super nice, outgoing and fun, but oh my god, every once in a while he would say something that made my whole body shutter. I caught myself looking around in hopes that nobody would know I was with him.

Talk about a deal breaker! For me it is anyway. I don't like to be embarassed in public - I mean - who does??

And, normally, I don't care too much what people think about me, but, on the otherhand, I sometimes like to fly under the radar and if I'm hanging with Mr. Life of the Party even at two in the afternoon, well, you know, it gets a little old.

Here, let me give you a true example...

we are standing in line at a grocery store and it was later in the night, so there were some interesting sights to be seen. Anyway, there was a black couple checking out in front of us and they were moving kind of slow. Mr. LIfe of the Party was So sure they had been smoking weed and were stoned. And then, to make matters worse, they bought a BUTTload of candy. So, he's giggling like a schoolgirl that they are stoned and he keeps saying it. He apparently doesn't know what whisper means so you can forget about that. And then, finally, he says "Hey man, roll a fatty for me". The couple tries to ignore him, but he wouldn't let it go. He points to the MOUND of candy on the converyer belt and they tell him that their kids are going on a school field trip so they wanted to take some candy with them.

Duh! Sounds like a perfectly logical reason to me. I mean, where the hell did he grow up? A barn? NO social skills at all. I don't even think he was embarrassed. I, on the other hand was mortified. Hell, I am part of the old school thinking that you keep your drug habits a secret. I'm definitely not one to announce it to everyone within a five mile radius. Sheesh!

I have a couple of job possibilities lined up so I must run!

5 Comments:

Blogger The Vegas Flea said...

That's awful. I'm old school as well. I hate being embarrassed in public, it's one of my biggest pet peeves. It's more than that, actually.

Raised in an Irish/Welsh family, we were taught to not have dirty laundry on the front porch as well.

BTW, glad to see you're posting more often. I've been a long time lurker/reader. As a matter of fact, your blog is one of the first I started reading regularly when I moved to Vegas a few years ago. Keep it up.

May 20, 2010

 
Blogger Tara said...

Ugh, my best friend's ex-husband was like that..... You'd never know what was going to come out of his mouth. So much so that I stopped going out in public with the two of them. Thank God she divorced him....

May 20, 2010

 
Blogger FleaStiff said...

>couple of job possibilities lined up
Good luck.

May 20, 2010

 
Blogger Brandy said...

Good luck with the job leads!

May 24, 2010

 
Blogger Tee aka The Diva's Thoughts said...

I don't like being around people that don't have a filter either. Very embarassing.

May 24, 2010

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home