Friday, June 04, 2010

It's Friday!!

Here I am - just in time for the weekend. Woo hoo! Of course, everyday is a weekend to me. But, at least the roads will be a little less congested. Anyway, I was driving along minding my own business the other day when my car suddenly felt weird. The steering wheel was shaking, the front end was pulling to the right, the car wouldn't even accelerate properly and basically it felt like I had a flat tire. I pulled over and was surprised that the tires looked fine. I was baffled. I continued driving. Same problem. It didn't correct itself along the way like I was hoping it would. The magical highway fairies didn't step in and make things all better. Damn.


So, I got home and told my dad about the car and went to bed. I was woken abrubptly the next morning by my father who informed me that we needed to drop the car off at Goodyear. Apparently, the inside of my tire was completely bald and the metal was showing through!! DAYUMM. How does that happen? And of course, my father's opinion is that I should have noticed that something was wrong before it got this bad, but I promise you guys, I didn't notice a thing. The car seemed totally fine to me. I've had guys in my car and none of them ever said anything either. I mean, whatever. I wasn't just ignoring it, but he doesn't believe me.

So, three hundred dollars and two new tires later, my car is running just fine.

Let's see, what else is new?? A good good friend of mine is going to be looking for a roommate in the next few weeks and we talked about the possibility of me moving in. I'm not getting my hopes up or anything, but I could totally see us living together and having fun. She's awesome and I trust her implicitly. She's responsible and mature and my parents love her. Good combination. We will see what happens.

I have no idea why I'm up so early. I thought it was like ten when I got out of bed. I took a shower and realized it's only 8. What the?? My internal clock is all out of whack.

Anyway, happy friday kids!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Vegas Linda Lou said...

You know me--I'm so friggin' clueless when it comes to cars. Other than put gas in them, I wouldn't know where to start. Isn't that why God invented men? Just asking.

June 04, 2010

 
Blogger FleaStiff said...

It comes from driving on a very low tire and the men in your car may well have noticed that your car slowed very promptly once you took your foot off the gas.

I hope the roommate situation works out but she wants a roommate who pays her rent first and is fun second.

June 04, 2010

 
Blogger FleaStiff said...

Do you remember my earlier comment to you:
>>I know that keno has the worst odds
"So you gonna head to The Sidebar at the old Lady Luck? The Gaming Commission ordered the Sidebar to pay that unawarded jackpot via their Video Poker so the current payout table is a good bargain!!"

Well, a team of three playing there just hit a Seven Thousand Dollar Royal.

June 06, 2010

 
Blogger 廷伸廷伸 said...

you two make a lovely couple............................................................

June 06, 2010

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home