Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Seriously

I don't know how many of you have blogs, but one of the most precious pieces (to me) is the handy dandy stat counter that I have embedded into the code. LOVES IT!!

The statcounter tells me how many visitors I had today, how many were visiting my page for the first time, what area of the city, state, country they are coming from, the time, how long they visited, their IP Address etc. The list goes on and on. Whenever I'm bored or I need a few minutes to waste, I'll just log onto my statcounter and get lost in the data.

I can't even tell you how many readers I have from other countries. It's really cool. I have almost as many readers from the Netherlands as I do from the U.S. Tonight I saw a few from Italy, Hong Kong, Germany, Japan and even Australia!

It's just a really cool tool to have. I have to laugh sometimes when I see an IP address on there from someone who has visited my site more than I have. Now, that's what I call loyalty!

Anyway, this is starting to sound like a commercial and well, I"m definitely not geting paid for this endorsement, so screw those statcounter guys dammit! I want payment for all the free air time I just gave you guys!

------------

Believe it or not I have a hard time keeping track of my cell phone. UGH! Shocking right?? I mean, I don't know why I lose my phone all the time, it's just a case of me being scatter brained I guess. I mean, I somehow manage to keep my purse at all times, and I rarely lose my keys, but for some reason, that damned cell ph one just doesn't want to stay with me. This is absolutely true, I'm not embellishing to make the story more interesting, and if anything, I might even leave a few tidbits out because of the embarassment...

I don't know when it all started, but I remember things really got bad a few months ago when, in like a period of two weeks I left my phone in my friend's car (twice), on the counter at a Terribles gas station on Flamingo across from the Palms, on the shelf in Walmart, in the dressing room of Target, on the counter at a different Target, at the Nail Salon, and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Even more surprising is that I still have the same phone - nobody stole it!!

Of course, you guys are probably thinking i'm exaggerating, but I'm really not. And, obviously, most of my friends thought I was full of shit too. I mean, why wouldn't they? I'm not a a particularly stupid person for the most part, so when we made plans and I wasn't answering my phone for a day or two, they thought I was blowing them off and that's completely understandable. I can't explain it myself. I guess it's just a case of brain overload. Too many thoughts going on in my head at once and not enough space to hold and store those thoughts. So, as soon as I think them, sometimes they are gone.

So, ladies, let me ask you, does this ever happen to you or am I just a total freak of nature?

7 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

The only problem with those stat counters is that you can see how much I stalk you. Oh, I probably shouldn't have said that out loud.

Anyway, it would be cool if they gave home address and phone number info too. LOL ;-)

June 08, 2010

 
Blogger The Poker Meister said...

Google analytics gives a detailed breakdown as well.

June 08, 2010

 
Blogger Bart said...

From The Netherlands! It's a nice blog and i'm reading it since 2008.

June 08, 2010

 
Blogger FleaStiff said...

You need one of those Nanny-Minder type things that emit a beep if you get a certain distance away from your cell phone. Or have your cell send its GPS coordinates to your email account automatically or something.

June 08, 2010

 
Blogger Brandy said...

I've only ever left my phone at friends' houses, and have almost left it at work. I'll get all the way downstairs and to my car, only to have to turn around and go back upstairs.

June 08, 2010

 
Blogger Josie said...

Yep, happens to me all the time. Never leave the house with my purse, but half the time I'm leaving my phone home. Go figure.

June 09, 2010

 
Blogger Tara said...

I LOVE to checkout all the stuff that Statcounter reports!! Every once in awhile I'll write a post giving a shout out to all the different towns and ask if anyone wants to claim it as home. It makes fun conversation sometimes :)

June 10, 2010

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home