Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hmmm...

Break Time...

I am sitting here online taking a pretty boring course for the most part, but I just read this little sentence and I had to do a double take. I need to make a copy of this and keep it in my wallet, so that when I get a job and they try to tell me during my performance review that constructive criticism is helpful, I can share with them that it's NOT...




Communication

Communication is the Key to strong, healthy relationships.

Positive Listening

•Pay attention to both the words and the feelings
•Avoid being distracted when you are listening to someone
•Listen without becoming defensive
•Listen without figuring out what you are going to say before they have finished
•Listen with compassion. Understand that each of us has a point of view. We do not have to accept another's as our own. We just have to allow that we each have one.
Ask Questions

•Ask for details and examples. Ask to help clarify what the person is saying.
Give Feedback



Give Feedback

•Positive feedback encourages people. There is no such thing as constructive criticism. All criticism is destructive.


Paraphrase

•Telling the other person how you interpreted what they said
Perception Checking

•People have different perceptions of the same thing. Don't argue about who is right or wrong. Try to understand each other's perception of things.
Describe Behavior

•Give the facts related to the behavior. Don't interpret them.


Interesting huh???? I guess it's a matter of opinion, but I'm being tested on this crap, so for tonight, constructive criticism is a no no.

Anyway, Opie is going to be a turtle for Halloween - he's just too damn cute in his little costume...






Goodnight!

1 Comments:

Blogger FleaStiff said...

Crap it is!
What is it? Some sort of Avoid Road Rage Skills Course for your driving situation?
Or did you start a school yet?
I'd vote for deciding what you want to do for work and then getting specialized training in it at a technical school rather than the very generalized technical program you were earlier contemplating.

October 14, 2010

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home