Thursday, January 27, 2011

LuLu




This is a sad day. I know you guys remember Lucy because i used to blog about her all the time. She was Miami Don's dog, but I loved her like my own. She moved here to Vegas with us and she was the best girl in the world. I guess she was abused when she was a puppy and when they found her she was tied to a tree, the hair had been rubbed off her legs, she was in bad shape and then don came along. He adopted her from the SPCA and a new love was formed. hehe The two of them were like peas in a pod. Lucy loved him so much and vice versa.





One of my favorite memories is when Don and I bought this two pound bag of Mike and Ike's from Target. It was huge and delish! So, we inadvertently left it on the coffee table in the living room and we didn't close it tight enough. Lucy got into that bag and had a field day. She ate as much as she could eat until she literally made herself sick.




Fast forward to morning time. We wake up and go into the living room and we start finding these gooey puddles all over the hard wood floors. Every few feet there was a puddle of sticky goo, some were red, some were green, some were yellow, etc. We get to the living room and see the Mike and Ike's bag is wide open and the pieces start falling into place.




UGH. What a nightmare. Don has a big mess to clean up. hehehe We hop back into bed and start petting our girl Lucy. WE know she has a stomach ache from hell since she's puking her guts up. Next thing I know, she can't hold it in any longer and she starts spewing all over Don. I hopped out of that bed just in the nick of time! hehehehehe. Now I know why he's so anal about taking the trash out, not putting any food in the smaller wastebaskets and basically not leaving anything within doggy reach.

Good times.

If it wasn't for lucy, I might not be here to tell you this story. There was a very real chance that I was about to die and Lucy saved my life. I'll tell you guys that story a little later.




So, before Don moved back out here to Vegas for the 2nd time, Lucy wasn't her usual self. She'd been lethargic and kind of droopy. Apparently after he moved here Lucy got even worse and instead of being tired, she was obviously in pain and she was biting people to show it. So, they took her to the vet a few days ago and found out that she has cancer. He had to put her to sleep today. She was in pain and it was the only humane thing to do. It just makes me so sad.

So, RIP Lucy. You will always be in our hearts.






Whether you play Texas Holdem or Omaha, Poker Times have all the poker online
resources you need. We provide easy-to-read GP Poker
Tournaments
information for all kinds of Online Poker GP players!

5 Comments:

Blogger Josie said...

I'm so sorry to hear the news. I remember the mike & ike story from years ago. Booo. Give Don a hug from Josie!

January 28, 2011

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Sorry to hear about Lucy. She was a sweet dog! I enjoyed the little time I spent with her.

January 28, 2011

 
Blogger Sunshine said...

Oh Carmen - I am so sorry to hear about Lucy. Please pass on my condolences to Don. You're in my thoughts. Take care of yourselfs Missy....p.s. it's snowing here again.

January 28, 2011

 
Blogger Jay said...

Awwww ... R.I.P. Lucy!

January 28, 2011

 
Blogger Steve said...

RIP Lucy. It is always hard to loose a pet. They are family just like everyone else. Sorry to hear this. You have good memories.

January 28, 2011

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home