Tuesday, March 22, 2011

i mean really

so, did you guys know that it's illegal (at least here in the state of nevada) to walk on the highway? A friend of mine ran out of gas and she wasn't very far from the exit at all, so she got out of her car and started walking. I was actually on the phone with her and as she was just about to hit the exit and get off the highway, a freaking state trooper pulls up behind her and does that little chirp chirp move to let her know she was being pulled over. They told her to put the phone down, but she didn't hang up so I was able to hear the whole thing. They asked her why she was walking and she told the cop (it was a girl) that she ran out of gas. She asked if she had I.D. and she said that she did, so she handed over her license and they ran it. Oh, they also asked her if she had ever been arrested and when she said yes, they asked her what for. Now, why is that relevant? I mean, why does it matter?? That shit irritates me. They've done that to me before too and it's like whatever, it's in the past and it shouldn't matter, especially in a traffic type situation. And, when I started to tell the cop that I was never convicted of anything, he said he didn't care and that he knows how the system works and he wanted to know if I was arrested and not what the outcome was. Hand to god!! So, if you are arrested and found NOT GUILTY, in their minds you are guilty no matter what because you were arrested for it. And, if you try to lie, which I did before, you are really screwed because as soon as they run your license they can see it anyway, so it's like, why are you even asking me in the first place?? I don't know if this is standard procedure in other states, I don't remember this shit ever happening to me in Maryland. But, here in Nevada, they are like total dicks. Some of them.


Anyway, Once the i.d. came back okay, they patted her down and put her hands behind her back while they were doing it, so she was like "am I being arrested?" and the girl was like "no, but I have to make sure you don't have any weapons on you now don't I? I can't have you in my car if you are a danger" and she said it all condescending like. Well, okay, sure that patdown makes sense, but maybe tell the person what's going on, that you are giving them a ride to the gas station etc. Don't just leave us hanging wondering if we are going to jail. Ya know?? Anyway, it turned out that the cop was pretty cool and she waited for my friend to get gas in her gas can and took her back up to her car. She didn't even go through her purse which was nice. She also told her that the state troopers will come bring you a gallon of gas if you ever run out of gas on the highway and she gave her the number so that she can call them next time. So, that was a cool thing to find out. You know I put that number in my phone immediately. hehe FYI. I freaking went to the gas station today and put in forty bucks of regular gas and barely got over the halfway mark. I mean really. This is pathetic!!

But, what I really need is AAA. I don't know how much it is a year, but the first time I ran out of gas in my new car, or maybe it was the 2nd time, I walked over to this bar/restaurant to see if anyone had a gas can and this girl that i didn't even know called AAA and told them where my car was. She hung up, I went to the bathroom and while I was in there, washing my hands, they were banging on the door telling me that AAA was already there filling up my car. Can you believe that???? It wasn't even her car and they didn't care and they were there so fast. It was amazing.

Anyway, enough about that. I gotta get back to job searching. Goodnight kids.



Whether you play Texas Holdem or Omaha, Poker Times have all the poker online
resources you need. We provide easy-to-read GP Poker
Tournaments
information for all kinds of Online Poker GP players!

5 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

It is illegal to walk on highways in most (if not all) places. That is just for your safety really.

And they ask about your past to find out if you are being honest with them. Also, the best indicator they have of the kind of person you are is what you were involved in in the past. Sure, sometimes people change, but the cops don't really care about that.

March 23, 2011

 
Blogger Steve said...

I found out this year that if you have a cell phone the carrier might have roadside service. This beats paying AAA. We cancelled AAA and now pay through our cell phone carrier and it is cheaper. Check it out.

March 23, 2011

 
Blogger par88 said...

AAA is about $50 per year here in California. It's a great deal. We use delivery trucks in my business and last year I had to get 4 tows. That saved me $400+ right there. Plus you can go to the AAA office and do your license renewals w/o having to go to that awful DMV.

March 23, 2011

 
Blogger Vegas Linda Lou said...

Um, let me guess... Henderson police?

AAA is totally worth it. I have the highest level, which came in handy on my cross-country trips. Especially the time we ran out of gas on the highway.

XOXO

March 24, 2011

 
Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

Believe it or not Linda, it was the Highway Patrol. Shocking right?? Henderson is the one and only set of cops I haven't had a run in with. hehe Knock on wood

March 25, 2011

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home