Thursday, November 17, 2011

Always Something

Wow. What a day...

Sooooooo, I got approval from drug court last night to go into class late today, so I had my mom come get me and first we went to the food stamp place so I could turn my packet in. I got in an argument with the girl at the window and security banned me from that particular office. ha ha. Fun.

Next, i went to social services to apply for rental assistance. I guess, once a year you can get $400 for rent. Once a year. Not every month, but whatever, every little bit helps. I waited an hour and got an appt. to come back on December 13th.

After that we went to a different food stamp office where the line was around the building, but since I'm not in a huge huge rush to get the food stamps, I just threw the application in the drop box and supposedly they will call me with an appt. to come back. I like that. Waiting in line totally sucks.

Our next stop was at the court house. We put four quarters in the meter and headed up through the metal detectors and grabbed a ticket at the city counter (municipal court). There was like 45 people ahead of us. So, I went up to the 2nd floor and grabbed a ticket at the county window (justice court). Yup, I've gotten in trouble all over Vegas, city and county. So, my mom was able to find out about upcoming court cases for me on the 1st floor while I found out about upcoming court cases on the 2nd floor.

Check this out...

I missed court for a misdemeanor case in June. I just didn't show up, they put a bench warrant out for my arrest, my public defender (on a different case) quashed the warrant for me so that I would and could show up for sentencing, other wise I would have been arrested when I went into the courthouse. So, I go to the window and the county lady is like "you don't have any upcoming cases" and I explained to here that I missed one in June. She looks it up and says "they quashed the warrant and closed your case". WHAT????? Hell yeah!!!!! My mom says I have a freaking goldenhorse shoe up my ass and she's probably right. I do get a lot of 2nd and 3rd and 4th chances, but like, I'm just so happy that I don't have to worry about this particular case, cause first of all I was supposed to do 20 hours of community service and while I did do it, I never got the letter of proof to show that I did it so I was going to have to re-do it. In addition, I was supposed to take a $300 class and I don't have the dough for that. On top of it, I was supposed to stay out of trouble and instead I picked up 4 felonies, soooooooo, I was maybe going to have to do some time. So, yeah, I'm really happy.

I know it's because I'm doing well. If I was still effing up this wouldn't have happened and I'd be back in jail for sure.

Just an FYI... I got a wobbler on the 4 felonies, meaning that if I complete all the treatment, drug court and probation I'll get a gross misdemeanor out of it and I still won't have any felony convictions on my record.

So, I'm gonna do the DAMN thing :)

I'll tell the food stamp story and why I got kicked out tomorrow. Goodnight!!

2 Comments:

Blogger sevencard2003 said...

unlike most blogs, ur seems real exciting and non boring. thats why people (mostly haters) read my poker blogs. am in a cab on the way to vegas from tahoe, about 100 miles out still, for $800. either im rich or a fool. how did u get in such a mess when u once worked as a cocktail waitress at the hard rock unless im mistaken? and it seems u posted in my blog if that was really u, wasnt sure. will be at binions tonite or golden nugget after 10pm or so.

November 17, 2011

 
Blogger Jay said...

i'd vote 'fool' even if rich

November 19, 2011

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home