Monday, November 14, 2011

Good Day

So, today was awesome. I got up, had a ride to school which is always a bonus, stopped at mcdonalds for breakfast, had a good lunch, stuck around and had a nice dinner (we get to eat lunch and dinner at the salvation army for free if we choose to and I choose to a lot). After dinner, Scarlett, Ryan and I went to Choices to drop off some pee. Yumm. Not. I'm not joking when I tell you that this lady, Dotty, has a desk set up in the restroom. She's like the pee Nazi. She makes us pull up our shirts, roll our sleeves up, rinse our hands before we pee, label our cup, show our drivers license, pee in the cup while standing, not allowed to sit down, etc etc. There's no way your bringing in some fake pee on her watch. ha ha

Anyway, after the trip to the pee clinic we went to this awesome meeting called Connect the Dots at this church on Palomino which is this really nice neighborhood with these really expensive houses. Apparently Michael Jackson used to have a crib on this street and I saw it - WOW! Really nice place.

I digress. The mtg was amazing. There was like 300 alcoholics there and the main speaker had 31 years sober. Quite an inspiration. I even teared up a bit. Scarlett gave me a ride home and I gotta tell ya, it's always a good day when I don't have to take the bus.

I'm tired sort of. I'm sort of wired from the monster energy drinks and sort of tired from the busy day. I feel like it was a good day though. I got home and I have a female roommate finally. This halfway house is co-ed so it's been just me and about 14 guys. It's weird though cause they don't really hit on me and I'm totally not used to that. I've been alone in my room for the past two weeks. I'm not exactly thrilled to have a new roommate. I kinda liked having the room to myself but oh well. Whatcha gonna do??

Back to school in the morning.

6 Comments:

Blogger FleaStiff said...

I don't know what this "school" is. All you need to learn is Stop Playing Keno and Stop Doing Drugs.

What is this about "monster energy drinks" ... do you think that is a wise dietary choice?

November 14, 2011

 
Blogger Jay said...

Easy Flea, easy. Perhaps they give Carmen the buzz she needs during these difficult times. They are legal, you know.

November 15, 2011

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I never knew chicks could pee standing.. Goddamn I know nothing about Women. Thanks for teaching me something new. :).

November 15, 2011

 
Blogger Dr. Hood said...

I hope you keep writing. It's good for the soul.

November 15, 2011

 
Blogger Scope18112 said...

No wonder you are tired,you had a full day of activities! Take it a day at a time Carmen. You've got a team of people - friends and family who care about you and are rooting and cheering you on!

November 15, 2011

 
Blogger Jay said...

Good job on the clean pee. Keep it up.

November 16, 2011

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home