Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Who me??

I dunno why I haven't been posting much lately.  I guess I'm just feeling like I don't have anything interesting to say.  Anyway, I've been working a decent amount lately.  I actually stilll have some money leftover from my last check.  Shocking!!!!  The other day I had to replace a tire on my car cause it kept going flat.  I figured there was a nail in it or something.  But, of course, there was a tiny pin sized hole in the side of the tire and it couldn't be patched.  Whatever.  Very annoying. 

Today I'm off work and I'm going to see about getting my windshield wipers fixed.  They haven't worked in months and whenever it looks like rain I have to take my mom's car.  There's a guy in AA with me that has a shop and says he will tell me what's wrong with the wipers exactly so that I don't just pay $350 for a new motor.

Last night before the end of shift the BIG BOSS  came up to me and said that I'm a really good interviewer and they have a "special shift" today and they need people to come in early at like 9:30 a.m. and stay until 9:30 p.m.  That's a long freakin day.  He only chose like 15 people out of 200 people and he picked me.  That was awesome until I remembered I have class today at Choices for my drug court and I certainly can't miss that.   The judge wouldn't care if it's for work or not.  So, I was just honest with him and he said he'd keep me in mind for next time.  The hours would have been nice but I would have missed my Salvation Army Alumni Meeting too and I love that meeting.

Well, I'm gonna watch True Blood now.  Have a good day...

2 Comments:

Blogger WECpoker said...

We get worried when we don't see you for a week

August 22, 2012

 
Blogger snevman said...

Carmen,

It sounds like you are doing great, but boredom can cause problems. You need to start volunteering somewhere until you find a full time job to keep you occupied.

I should be in Vegas in a few weeks and, if you like, we can have a meal and milkshake (my downfall!)

Be safe,

snevman

August 23, 2012

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home