Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I'm Melting

I had the day off yesterday.  It was much needed.  I had worked like 7 days in a row or something like that.  I had 48 hours on my check for just one week.  Thats A LOT for me.  I haven't worked a consistent job in a long ass time.  Anyway, I was off yesterday, but I had class at Choices, I had to take a UA at Choices and I had a job interview at the Stratosphere. They are opening a new steakhouse and they are hiring for every position.

So, I think the interview went really well.  I met with a younger HR type girl and then she tracked down the General Manager and I met with him too.  A lot of people left after meeting with the first person, so I know it was a good sign that I got to meet the Big Cheese.  Anyway, I was honest about everything on the application.  So, I don't have to worry that I will fail a background check or anything like that.  I think they were concerned that my wine knowledge isn't so great.  It's a very fine dining server position and they really want people with fine dining experience.  But, we will see.  She really liked my personality and asked me if I would take a hostess position.  I said I will.  I'd rather wait tables cause it's so much more money, but I know they like flexibility and plus, if I get a foot in the door I'll be able to more once I prove myself. 

So, now I just have to sit back and wait. 

I also went to the Salvation Army Alumni Meeting last night.  There was some new faces cause some new people graduated.  There were some really old faces there too.  Like, people that graduated 15 years ago that are still clean.  That's nice to see.   

Oh, and did I mention that we have no air conditioning in the house?????  OH yeah.  A part broke so we can't use it cause it's leaking and making the ceiling in my parent's room wet and it was buckling.  So, this is a new house and it's covered by warranty, but we have to wait for them to get the part and come fix it.  It was like 107 degrees yesterday and it was so hot last night when I was trying to sleep.  I'm praying to God we get it fixed today.  This is day 4 without it.

1 Comments:

Blogger snevman said...

I hope the job comes through for you.

You have done well, keep it going.

Good luck,

snevman

August 29, 2012

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home