Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Being Accountable

Let's see...  What's new with everyone?  I worked Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.  Damn.  That's crazy for me.  I almost have a full time job going on here.  I didn't work 8 hours everyday but that's okay.  Today I have a much needed day off.  Of course, I'll be busy cause I have my class at Choices and then I have court at 2p.m. and then I always go to the Alumni Meeting at Salvation Army on Tuesday nights.  It's fun though.  I get to see everyone and that's cool.  I got a commitment at this AA meeting on Mondays.  I started it yesterday.  I'm the chair person.  So, I just run the meeting, read the little script off the sheet and really, it's nothing major but it's a good way to make myself accountable and for people to get to know me. 

You see, usually, I leave directly after the meeting and don't really spend much time trying to get to know people.  Yesterday though, there was this girl with only 5 days sober and since I'm taking an active role in the meeting, she came up to me afterwards and was crying about how she just couldn't stay sober.  I could totally relate.  I just talked to her for a while, gave her my number and the number to salvation army rehab.  I mean, hey, that place changed my life so maybe it can help her too. 

Anyway, I got a nice check on Sunday.  I mean, it wasn't huge or anything but it was bigger than the one I got two weeks ago so that's cool.  I'm getting a pedicure this week.  That's my guilty pleasure for sure. 

More to come...

2 Comments:

Blogger FleaStiff said...

You should not feel any guilt just because you reward yourself for a job well-done.

August 14, 2012

 
Blogger FleaStiff said...

>that place changed my life ...
What did they say or do that hadn't been said or done before?
What treatment was it that worked so well?

August 16, 2012

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home