Monday, August 27, 2012

8 Months!

Well, my weekend went by really fast.  I ended up working Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  I actually worked a 12 hour day on Saturday.  People were getting cut every 30 minutes all around me but I managed to hold on til the end of shift cause I was right on production and didn't allow myself to fall behind at all.

So, check it out...   I've still been applying for other jobs and I finally got a call about a new Steakhouse that is opening at the Stratosphere.  Yay!!!!!!!  It's a server position.  I don't know much about it, but I have an interview tomorrow.  So, cross your fingers for me.  The job I have now is fine.  No huge complaints, except that the work is so unstable.  So far I have 48 hours on my next paycheck and 8 hours of that is over time, however, we are not expected to get any hours this Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday cause of Labor Day.  UGH.  So, in retrospect, I'm so glad I worked all of the hours that I did over the weekend.  As usual, you guys were right.  I'm also working today  and I got my check last night. 

Most importantly, I have 8 months clean today!!!!!!  Yay!!!!! 



Everyone I graduated from Salvation Army with has fallen off.   A lot of them got loaded within days of graduating or they simply walked out early and didn't finish the program.  Quite a few of them are in drug court with me and now have warrants for their arrest and are on the run cause they just couldn't stop getting loaded.  I'm so grateful to be where I am today and going strong.

9 Comments:

Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

gratz on the clean time. If you want to embed HTML in your post you have to switch it to HTML mode then put it in, then switch back.

August 27, 2012

 
Blogger Josie said...

Congratulations on 8 months! There are so many of us that want you to do well. GL with the steakhouse position.

August 27, 2012

 
Blogger bub said...

Congrats! I've been following you since before your relapse. So glad to see you doing well. I'm in the program also and I know how hard it is to get and stay clean. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll be fine!

Bub

August 27, 2012

 
Blogger I'm With Stupid said...

Congrats Hot Stuff!

Great job babe.

Jay

August 27, 2012

 
Blogger FleaStiff said...

Good luck with the job application.
Stay out of bad neighborhoods and stay away from bad people.

August 27, 2012

 
Blogger Jay said...

Very, very cool. Congratulations! Keep up the great work and the great work ethic. Hard work pays off...it really does.

August 27, 2012

 
Blogger snevman said...

Good job. Stick with it, you are doing great!

Good luck,

snevman

August 27, 2012

 
Blogger T.J. Swoboda said...

Congrats!! Keep at it; sounds like work is really looking good too.

August 29, 2012

 
Blogger T.J. Swoboda said...

Congrats!! Keep at it; sounds like work is looking great, too.

August 29, 2012

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home