Saturday, October 06, 2012

Yumm.... Cake

I'm heading into work at 10:30 a.m. today.  If I work the entire shift, I'll be there for 11 hours.  UGh.  Long day.  Of course, there is always the chance that I will get cut early.  It's sort of hard for me to keep up with productivity for 11 hours.  I sometimes start falling off around 5 or 6 hours.  So far this week I haven't been cut once.   Progress!

Yesterday before work I actually had two job interviews.  One of them was for a new mexican restaurant opening in Tivoli Village.  Tivoli Village is a nice shopping area in the Summerlin area.  Pricey!  I like that.  The other one is at a Brazilian Steakhouse in Summerlin too.  They are both server positions.  I already got a 2nd interview for next week at the Mexican  place and I'm waiting for the steakhouse  place to call me back.  Fingers crossed.

I went to Salvation Army this week and took a drivers ed test online with them so that I can start donating some of my time helping out.  I'm going to drive the in-patient female clients to outside AA or NA meetings on the weekends sometimes.  I'm so excited.  Giving back to Salvation Army is something I really want to do since I truly feel that they played a big part in saving my life.  I passed the test so I get to start driving next weekend hopefully. 

I saw my Probation Officer last week.  That was good.  Nothing major to report there.  This week I have to go to another drug court appearance on Tuesday.  I have about 10 months in the program now so I get to put in graduation paperwork at the end of next month hopefully to graduate in late December or early January.  I've actually been paying off my fees too.  I have the $624 drug court balance down to $250 now.   Yay!!!! 

I'm feeling pretty good today even though I heard some stupid ass rumor at work the other day.  It was so dumb.  I heard that someone there still thinks I'm using drugs.  Well, I get tested 2 - 3 times a week and I would absolutely be in jail if I was using.  There  is something like 500 people that work at this call center and it's rampant with drugs and alcohol.  It's also very high school.  I just have to let that stuff roll off my back and move on.  God and I know that I'm clean and that's really all that matters.  And my parents know too. 

If I was using I wouldn't even show up for work, but they don't really know that about me.  They just know I had a drug problem.  I don't think they know the severity of the problem.  Some things are better left unsaid. 

Well, happy Saturday!!!!!  I had 9 months clean last week.  I got a yellow key tag and tomorrow I took the day off to celebrate my sponsor's 2 year anniversary with her at her homegroup with cake!  Yumm.   Who among us doesn't love cake?????

4 Comments:

Blogger grrouchie serge said...

good luck with the interviews.
I like Trivoli Village - enjoy going there with my friend and her kid for the little kids park and the Frozen Yogurt place as well.

Really want to try the Kabuki restaurant as well.

October 06, 2012

 
Blogger Jay said...

It's amazing how time flies. I remember just before or after Christmas when you disappeared from blogging.

So happy to hear how well things are going. You definitely have developed the right attitude about everything - working 11hrs is tough, but your willingness to do it or consider it is outstanding.

Have you thought about setting up some kind of donation link on your blog to allow your readers the ability to help you out by paying down that outstanding court debt? Just a thought...

Keep up the great work Carmen!

October 06, 2012

 
Blogger Andy said...

How do the other employees know you had a drug problem? I certainly hope you aren't telling people. I would keep that info to myself.

October 07, 2012

 
Blogger Jay said...

Andy - why? It's Carmen's life...why hide from it? She's on the right track, past all of the bullshit. No need to be so critical.

October 10, 2012

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home