Friday, January 18, 2013

Quick One

So, quick update....  work is great and it's flying by.  My days are so super busy.  I love that!!  It's a challenge for sure, but I'll have everything flowing smoothly in no time.  My boss is so cool and he has total faith in me and he's backing me up no matter what.  So, when the girls go running to him and try to go over my head, he tells them that I am the boss and that they need to listen to me and that whatever I say goes.

The craziest part of my day right now is in regards to the clients and their clothes.  The way it used to be is that the clients could bring their own clothes with them to the rehab program and they could leave with their clothes.  However, there was such a problem with stealing that they had to change the whole thing.  Because, some clients would come in with half a bag of clothes and then they'd be leaving 4 and a half months later with 5 garbage bags full.  They would be stealing little by little from the warehouse everyday.

So, now, when a new client comes in, the front desk writes up a voucher for the client.  They give me the voucher to fill and they give me the shoe size, pants size and shirt size and then I have to run around and try to get these people work clothes, church clothes, shoes, jackets, etc.  Most of the time I've never met the client so I don't even know what they look like.It's crazy.   After the 4 and half months is over they have to give us all the clothes back and they only get to leave with the clothes on their backs.

I literally spent my whole day trying to fill those clothing orders today and trying to do exchanges for them because of course half of the stuff doesn't fit so they have to exchange stuff.  I need to really sit back and come up with a more organized way of taking care of this stuff.  I need to create a new process.

I'll be in the warehouse tomorrow without the girls, so I will have a lot of time to organize the department and hopefully implement the stuff I'm thinking about.

I played at Poker Palace last night and I lost and then I played in the community tonight and I lost.  I'm running really bad lately.  Hopefully I'll play better on Sunday.

GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nfl Logos Baltimore Ravens Comment Graphic: Picture, Image



5 Comments:

Blogger AgSweep said...

You truly are the perfect person for this job. Can you imagine only having borrowed clothes,meanwhile trying to complete treatment, and then if you are successful only having the clothes on your back? I know you will do right by these ladies. I have followed for a while and took the time to go way back in the blogosphere and read more. You are amazing.

January 18, 2013

 
Blogger AgSweep said...

You truly are the perfect person for this job. Can you imagine only having borrowed clothes,meanwhile trying to complete treatment, and then if you are successful only having the clothes on your back? I know you will do right by these ladies. I have followed for a while and took the time to go way back in the blogosphere and read more. You are amazing.

January 18, 2013

 
Blogger AgSweep said...

You are the perfect person for this job. Can you imagine having only borrowed clothes, completing treatment and then having only the clothes on your back? I know you will do right by these ladies. I have followed for a while and have gone back and read much more in the blogosphere. You are amazing.

January 18, 2013

 
Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

Thank you AgSweep!!!!!!

January 19, 2013

 
Blogger FleaStiff said...

Clothes?
Can't you give them jumpsuits. Then if they are caught stealing they go from a SA jumpsuit to a County jumpsuit.

January 22, 2013

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home