Friday, May 03, 2013

Don't get Trapped

Wow.   Where did the month of April go?  I honestly don't know.  It flew by and I don't think I even have one cute story to share from last month.  Well, if it's important it'll come to me.  Anyway, my mom's best friends from back home in Baltimore finally came out to visit my parents.  So, we live in a two bedroom house and my room was never actually intended to be my room.  It was their guest room.  Unfortunately that damn room gets way more use than just being a guest room but oh well.  I'm thankful to have it.

The bad news is that I had to give it up for this week cause my mom wanted her guests to stay here.  Up until a few days ago I was still trying to figure out where the hell I was going to stay for a week.  My mom even offered to pay for a Budget Suites or Siegel Suites for me for the week but I just couldn't ask her to lay out more ridiculous money on such nonsense.  Not to mention that I REALLY don't want to contribute to those lowdown crooks.  Damn Siegel and his buddy Budget.  They are such scumbags.  If we were in prison they would be as low as the child molesters.  They might even get beat up more.  I digress but this is an issue that I am very passionate about.  Plus, if you don't live here in Vegas this might be interesting information to store away in your brain.  You never know when it might come in handy.

Siegel Suites and Budget Suites are typically inhabited by people who don't have their own house.  Obviously.  They are weeklies so they arent fancy, your lucky if there is a pool and there definitely isn't any room service.  Back when I was using heavily I remember a trip or two or three through the budget suites to get my drugs.  They sell sex, drugs and pretty much anything you want out of those places and as a result there is a lot of crime and the police are there a lot.  As a result, the powers that be ( the cops and the hotel owners) put there heads together and decided to work with each other instead of against each other in an effort to ruin our lives.

Picture this...

You come to Las Vegas on vacation and for whatever reason your cushy strip property didn't work out.  Maybe you lost your money, maybe you just want to bang a prostitute somewhere you defintely won't be spotted or maybe you are trying to rebuild your life and get a job so you are willing to pay the outrageous weekly fees until you can pay for those damn traffic warrants that are looming overhead. So, you check into the office, give them your information, they take a quick photocopy of your license, you pay $250 for the week, get your key and head upstairs to your room to relax.  But an hour later...... BAM BAM BAM!!  Open up it's the police.  That's right.  Siegel Suites looked you up on the computer, you have some old ass traffic warrants from 5 years ago that you didn't pay on and now you are going to jail.  No, you may not call someone to get your dog.  Nope, sorry, the luggage has to stay here and absolutely NO...  You won't be getting a refund on the room even though you checked in an hour ago .  You won't be out of jail before the week ends, they will definitely call the pound if you have an animal, your stuff will not be held and stored for you somewhere safe.  It'll be donated or just given away to the local bums.

Honestly, I cant tell you how many people I've met while sitting in jail who fell into the Siegel Suites trap.  It used to be that the cops would ride through the parking lots of the weeklys and call in the tag numbers of all the vehicles and then they would knock on doors and stuff to take people to jail or they would wait outside for them to come out.  Now, since they partnered up things are running much more efficiently.  The cops don't have to do shit.  Siegel and Budget fax them the license of every single guest that chicks in.  They don't warn you that this is a bad place to stay if you have warrants.  They don't refund your money.  They let you pay and then an hour later you are in handcuffs.  UGH.  I hate them.

Back to my story and it' s really not that interesting......  I'm just staying at my mom's friend's house in the neighborhood.  Her name is Jan and her husband Dick obviously lives there too.  It's just them two and now me.  I was a little nervous at first cause I wasn't sure if I'd be comfortable and I thought it might be really awkward or whatever.   But it's way cooler than I imagined.  Dick and Jan are very sweet and funny and the room I'm in is great.  I have a  nice big bed and a great TV with cable and a working remote control.  he he  I definitely can't complain.

Of course I went to the wrong house the first night I was there.   That was pretty bad.  It was 11 pm on a Monday night in a retirement community and here I am knocking on the wrong door of the wrong house and I woke some poor woman up and she didn't know who I was and couldn't figure out what I was doing there.  She didn't actually open the door either so it was hard to communicate effectively through the front door so I just gave up and left. hehe

12 Comments:

Blogger FleaStiff said...

Knocking on the wrong door sounds so "Siegel Suites"! Gotta leave that stuff behind. Completely.

I trust you are doing the dishes and cooking in your new digs as partial payment!

May 04, 2013

 
Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

I definitely would be doing that dishes stuff if I was there. But, literally, I just sleep there. I get there around 10 o clock at night when everyone is about to go to bed or I sit up and watch TV with them for like an hour and then I get up in the morning and chat with them for a bit and take a shower and head back to my house or work or a meeting or whatever. If I ever decide to eat there, I'll take your awesome suggestion about the dishes :)

May 04, 2013

 
Blogger FleaStiff said...

Get up earlier so you have time to fix them breakfast and do the vacuuming prior to your leaving for any meetings or any other errands.

PS: Glad you are staying away from drugs. Why are you also staying away from poker?

May 05, 2013

 
Blogger FleaStiff said...

A motel throwing their customers in jail sort of makes sense... when they get out, where else they gonna go to live? They will have spent any money they had on fines and lawyers and commissary fees, so now they will have to go rent a crappier room at a higher price!

May 06, 2013

 
Blogger FrostyStinkMitt said...

Hi Carmen


Please keep your chin up and working hard on your recovery one day at a time. Keep focused on your goals, Rome wasnt built in a day! You will get there


Also, please stay far far away from TBC. He wants you to relapse so that you can depend on him and he can manipulate you. Hes made that quite clear in recent forum and blog posts. The last thing you need is constant contact with an addict whose addiction and mental health issues have ruined his own life already.

May 09, 2013

 
Blogger FrostyStinkMitt said...

Hi Carmen


Please keep your chin up and working hard on your recovery one day at a time. Keep focused on your goals, Rome wasnt built in a day! You will get there


Also, please stay far far away from TBC. He wants you to relapse so that you can depend on him and he can manipulate you. Hes made that quite clear in recent forum and blog posts. The last thing you need is constant contact with an addict whose addiction and mental health issues have ruined his own life already.

May 09, 2013

 
Blogger FleaStiff said...

Can't you update your site from your cell?

June 08, 2013

 
Blogger randy tucson said...

Long time, no blog. are you ok. Send me email if you need to talk or for a buffet at the Rio.

June 10, 2013

 
Blogger T.J. Swoboda said...

Hey, just wanted to leave a shoutout and say that I hope all's well...

July 04, 2013

 
Blogger Alex Siborn said...

Hello . I'm Nick.

I would like to publish a sponsored post (with one link) on your great blog - http://carmensincity.blogspot.com/
. Could you please give me the price for the placement of it?

Thank you and I look forward to your reply.

Have a nice day.

July 11, 2013

 
Blogger Dr. Hood said...

I need you to post an update! Soon.

July 11, 2013

 
Blogger Dr. Hood said...

I need you to post a comment. Soon.

July 11, 2013

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home